Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently test drove a fairly low milage (under 60K) 2010 A5 manual and it started up fine, pulled out ok, but when i put any load on it at all it would break up/miss badly in any gear. Like a violent car shaking miss. I drove it probably 5-10 miles, under various conditions,. trying to get it to 'clear itself out" and drive properly, but every time i accellerated it would miss. In neutral the car would rev freely with no miss. The odd part is there was no "check engine" light on the dash...Needless to say I didn't bring it home, but the used car dealer said he was going to take it to the local audi dealership to have it looked at, and if the fix was minor he would get it fixed and call me. I'm curious what it may be? Coil pack? spark plugs? bad wire? old/low octane fuel from sitting? What would cause such a miss yet not trigger a light on the dash?

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Almost impossible to diagnose without some tests. You would need to get her hooked up to VCDS I guess.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer called totay and claims it’s the clutch… which I think is a total bs story, as it certainly felt like a severe engine misfire under load, nothing like a slipping clutch as the car pulled out just fine, but would miss and buck whenever you tried to apply any throttle under a low rpm situation. Has anyone ever heard of a clutch acting like this? I asked for a copy of the Audi dealership’s diagnosis, but of course they have not produced it. (The car is for sale by a neighboring dealer, not an Audi dealer) Oh and they claim the new clutch is $4800.00 but will “only charge me an extra $2000 over the listed price” if I still want the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts