Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 brochure indicates that the auto transmission will be the S-tronic transmisison. Has anybody heard from their dealer or their order for the 2009, whether it will be the S-tronic or tiptronic?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's already been noted that the order guide for the 2009 A5/S5 indicate the availability of an S-tronic transmission...

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthre...-09-2332/index.html?t=2332&highlight=S-tronic

However, its been determind that this is just one of the many typos in the Audi documentation (especially since the 2008 order guide has the same mistake and 2008 cars definitely did not have S-tronic).

I understand that S-tronic is now available for UK orders, but not yet here in US. I don't think anybody really knows if we'll get S-tronic availability here in the states later this year, or not until 2010 models.

·
Registered
714 Posts
If Audi follow their previous pricing policy for other models then I'd assume that S-tronic pricing for the S5 and A5 will be very close to tiptronic and multitronic.

The thing that's left me scratching my head is that tip has only just arrived on the A5/S5 so I'm not sure where that leaves things.
1) Tiptronic A5s will be replaced by S-tronic ... which means we could be in for a long wait
2) S-tronic will be at a premium over tiptronic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.