Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3.0 TDI was stolen in Early October and the insurance company negotiated a new replacement with my local Audi Garage. The brochure at the time showed the 2008 spec, i.e. LED's as standard and six changer CD as part of the sat nav package. I picked the car up this week and what arrived was a 2009 model that didn't have these features. Surely Audi should provide what the brochure (at the time) says, especially if key points are changed?
any one got any ideas? If audi had told me/ the insurance company of the changes then they would have been added to the spec.
does any one have a 2008 October brochure?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think you will find the 2009 version added some value although the DRL's became a cost option, I think £750.

What exactly is the spec of the car you have now?

Have you got 3G Nav, SD Card, I believe you also no longer need AMI etc.

Audi take the view as is printed in the brochure that specs change, hence the problems I had being told no S Line on 16 Oct, and a week later it arrived. Certainly the DRL's are a loss on a 3.0Tdi and I would be compiling a list of exactly what you have/ do not have now and going back to Audi and your insurance company. I can probably find the brochure from when I collected mine but I would pass the whole lot over to your dealer and Audi for a response.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Can't see the DRL delete on Sport models mentioned. It is now standard on S Line and I believe the Sport price was reduced by £750 and DRL's deleted from standard specification.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The changes didnt just happen at the 2008/2009 model change. They happen throughout the year. Audi dont always wait but will make changes as they go along.

Also, the 2009 model has been around now for around 6 months. The lights change though only happen in Autumn around the late Sep/early oct IIRC. Possibly in line with the S line being introduced

·
Registered
88 Posts
Guy's,

I picked my new 2.7TDI sport during the first week of Dec 2008. The model is a 2008 car with a build week of 41. The car came with DRL's as standard. If i waited a few weeks (build week of 44) then the car would have dropped into the 2009 model range and i would have had to pay about £1k for xenon's and DRL's.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Only the S-Line A5 gets DRL's as standard now. The Sport and standard models have them as a cost option. I know it's £1100 for the standard and RGB is probably right about it being £750 for the Sport but I can't confirm that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey Freddie, your car that was stolen had DRLs, which are a safety feature. The insurance company should have replaced like for like. They can be retrofitted so I would ask them to organise this for you.

The MY2009 car started production in week 22 I think. Initially there were no changes to the lights, it was only when the s-line option was introduced in October that the changes occurred.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2009 spec A5

What really disappoints me is that the brochure made no reference to the spec change or indeed an s line spec. I am sure the insurance company would have added the DRL's if we knew it was now an extra.
I supose the lights can be retro fitted but the dealership originally quoted from the brochure that had them as standard. Bit of a mess!
If you calculate through the maze of option costs I think Audi have taken away standard features to keep the basic car cost the same as earlier this year. Sort of a stealth price rise - should get on well with Gordon Brown.
At the moment the car is a Phantom black 3.TDI sport tiptronic with light grey valcona, sat nav, heated seats, i pod, cruise control, comfort pack, 19" wheels, Bang and Olfusen sound, advanced parking, hologram inlay and interior lights.
Nice car, shame about the mix up.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think your dealer should have told you. On their 'system' (? called dialogue) all the details are available. Certainly when I ordered in October you could even see older (higher CO2) models which were available at a discount.

Suggest you take it up with your dealer or PM me if you want Audi UK contact. I sorted my 'NO S-Line coming' issue eventually with a good will gesture.

RG

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The thread states that AMI is now standard - does that apply to the UK S Line model ordered without Sat Nav? - I always thought you had to have Sat Nav to have AMI.
I believe it does mean you don't need Nav and my understanding is that AMI is now standard (another £200 saving for you newbies):mad:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe it does mean you don't need Nav and my understanding is that AMI is now standard (another £200 saving for you newbies):mad:
Bit confused now - Audi UK website states it is an option on S Line for 250 quid:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2009 spec A5

i think the i pod connection comes as standard with the technology package, not the the basic car. As a matter of interest it is well worth while having it fitted by Audi. an after market fit is approx £450 ! I made this mistake on my first one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great news, Audi is going to replace my car with another one to the correct specification. This certainly restores my faith in main dealer service. Anyone else on their 3rd A5 in 6 months??!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That is very good news. Its a pain but looking at it another way, you have just saved money on the depreciation.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Great news, Audi is going to replace my car with another one to the correct specification. This certainly restores my faith in main dealer service. Anyone else on their 3rd A5 in 6 months??!!
Great news. Who is the dealer? I assume you will register as a Jan 2009 car and save even more on depreciation!:cool::D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts