Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership just confirmed that Audi will be building US bound 2009 S5s after mid-April.
Should be getting mine in mid-June......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't really know what the price will be....

·
Registered
290 Posts
3k more for 09---or so my dealer says

·
Registered
19 Posts
So, for the guys on the waiting list... we have to cough up $3000 more if we placed our order and expect shipment past August?

That will probably kill my interest of S5... and will get a M3...

Lance

·
Registered
149 Posts
Lance,

I wish you luck on the M3. In Southern Cal a dealer near me received two M3's which my CFO's interested in (due to S5 delays) the dealer initally was asking for a 30K market premium on MSRP! but has since backed off and we are waiting for a formal quote. I'll post it for your review.

We still have a depsoit (11-07) on our initial S5 Tip order (due in June) which our dealer will honor the loaded price of approx 63K.

Also look at the C63 AMG due to arrive next month from Benz. Its right there with the M3.

Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
alta,

Thanks for the suggestion. Honestly, I really want an S5.. and convert to a RS-5 when it's available.

Honestly, I think the BMW 3's are really ugly. And I currently own a MBenz.. and really not very happy with the ride.

Audi!! Deliver the S5 quickly!!!

Lance

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
the dealer initally was asking for a 30K market premium on MSRP! but has since backed off and we are waiting for a formal quote. I'll post it for your review.
Damn!!!! 30k premium, that takes the piss, you would be better off calling a german dealer, ordering left hand drive from them and shipping it over yourself.

Mind you i've no idea how much the M3 costs over there, if it was a UK M3 then at current exchange rates it would cost you $100,000 easy anyway.

The M3 is good, but not 30K extra good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
3k more for 09---or so my dealer says
I call BS on this...I just spoke with my dealer about ordering an S5 and he told me they will all be 2009's from this point and I was quoted $58k which includes the "gas guzzler tax". So no hike in price here...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I call BS on this...I just spoke with my dealer about ordering an S5 and he told me they will all be 2009's from this point and I was quoted $58k which includes the "gas guzzler tax". So no hike in price here...
That's just because they don't have the official 2009 order form or price sheets yet. The price they quoted you is still from the 2008 form because the 2009 form hasn't been released yet in the US.

They will all be 09's at this point because production of 08' has apparently stopped. But the price he is giving you is just a quote, and subject to change. I placed an order last week and the dealer made clear that when the new order sheets come in, base price, cost of options, etc could be mildly effected.

I agree that it probably won't be a 3k price hike, but am expecting a price hike (prolly a few hundred dollars) when they get the '09 forms.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's just because they don't have the official 2009 order form or price sheets yet. The price they quoted you is still from the 2008 form because the 2009 form hasn't been released yet in the US.

They will all be 09's at this point because production of 08' has apparently stopped. But the price he is giving you is just a quote, and subject to change. I placed an order last week and the dealer made clear that when the new order sheets come in, base price, cost of options, etc could be mildly effected.

I agree that it probably won't be a 3k price hike, but am expecting a price hike (prolly a few hundred dollars) when they get the '09 forms.
Yeah, probably true...I drilled my dealer about this though and I was told there wouldn't be a hike in cost. Maybe thats just for me, I dunno :cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
how can they be building 09 models when they have not accounced 2009 pricing
what are they building
just some standard options?
not custimer orders for sure
Supposedly they will start production on the '09 models "soon", and they'll start pulling orders accordingly.

This is all just info gathered off of this and other message boards. Many people have heard from their dealers that mid-April to mid-May is when they will find out what their allocations are and when the pending orders will start getting pulled for production. Of course, 2009 pricing and options info has to be rolled out before any of that can happen I think. I'm expecting to hear from my dealer next week with some sort of update on the '09 order sheets.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm just going on what I've read in this forum from other members.

It seems a few people on here have already been told by their dealer that their '08 order will be converted to an '09, and other sources have spoken of production of '08's stopping in April (maybe not until mid-April).

The UK has pricing/specs for 09 have been released...
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/new-uk-a5-2147/index.html?t=2147

So I could speculate and say they could be building for UK Clients, more dealer demos, etc. I'm sure the 09 pricing/specs for US will be here within the next week.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got a quote last week, and they told me there would be an increase. They added that in the quote (I think it was a bit over 2K) but told me it could go down from that. I am waiting for the new price books so I can put my order in! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm... When I placed my order I had to present a deposit and sign the order authorization. The order authorization contains a specification, ie the car I'm ordering, and a price. That, my friends, is a contract.

Granted, I no longer have that order document so I cant check - but it would be very strange for the dealer to have the right to adjust the price of the agreed order without some point of negotiation. I signed for a 2008 S5 with a certain configuration for X amount of dollars. You cant change that without my ok.

I'll argue that the S5 delivery and delay issue hasnt been controlled by the dealerships - but the order document certainly is. If the dealership takes your existing order and converts it to a 2009 order - which they can only do with your consent - and they want to charge extra for the order - then I couldnt blame anyone for dumping the car. Thats simply bad business.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm... When I placed my order I had to present a deposit and sign the order authorization. The order authorization contains a specification, ie the car I'm ordering, and a price. That, my friends, is a contract.

Granted, I no longer have that order document so I cant check - but it would be very strange for the dealer to have the right to adjust the price of the agreed order without some point of negotiation. I signed for a 2008 S5 with a certain configuration for X amount of dollars. You cant change that without my ok.

I'll argue that the S5 delivery and delay issue hasnt been controlled by the dealerships - but the order document certainly is. If the dealership takes your existing order and converts it to a 2009 order - which they can only do with your consent - and they want to charge extra for the order - then I couldnt blame anyone for dumping the car. Thats simply bad business.
You are right, they cant change your 2008 order but they can tell you that audi doesnt make any more 2008s and if you wish your new 2009 will cost 2k more. So essentially they can do whatever they want :) Of course you have the right to refuse it though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.