Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the earliest one can order an A5 and be sure its a 2009 model? Somewhere I read the factory closes for the month of August. If so when does Audi typically release new model info with regards to changes in features/options?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The guy out here in germany said the new price books/info for the 09 will come out in May sometime. If I ordered one then, the car would be delievered around end of Aug/beginning of Sept. at the earliest. But, I would rather wait to get the Audi than buy a BMW now :) I don't know if that is for all countries or what.

·
Registered
163 Posts
In Canada, Audi has already closed the books on any 2008 orders. If you do not have your order in now, you will automatically be getting a 2009 model. There are several orders on the books who have been told to expect delivery in Jan 2009,- you will receive a 2009 model, and to expect a price hike as well. Deposit back if you don't like it. I'm trying to find out exactly how many A5/S5's actually made it into Canada and best as I can see, we have less than 25 in the country.

·
Registered
256 Posts
In Canada, Audi has already closed the books on any 2008 orders. If you do not have your order in now, you will automatically be getting a 2009 model. There are several orders on the books who have been told to expect delivery in Jan 2009,- you will receive a 2009 model, and to expect a price hike as well. Deposit back if you don't like it. I'm trying to find out exactly how many A5/S5's actually made it into Canada and best as I can see, we have less than 25 in the country.
Here's what Audi has reported for sales of A5's and S5's in Canada:
October 2007 - 5 S5's
November 2007 - 20 S5's
December 2007 - 10 S5's
January 2008 - 14 S5's
February 2008 - 36 A5/S5's

So there are at least 50 S5's in Canada, and I think most (if not all) of those February sales were S5's, as the port holds on A5 were only released near the end of February, but it's hard to say exactly how many A5's are out there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
JSC, thanks for the update - My numbers were a little older. Any idea how we plot what city these were located in?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just ordered my 09 A5. They didnt have an 09 options list but will contact me if theres anything different. I recieve it September. I got Blk on Blk S-Line, Automatic, Premium & Tech Package, Navi, and B&O system. Damn! I gotta long wait ahead of me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered mine in Feb...got word last week it was going to be an '09 since they've quite production on '08s. According to my dealer, it's only going to delay receiving it by 45-days and there weren't any changes they were aware of. Of course, we here at the forums all know how knowledgeable most dealers are. We'll see.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wonder if the hill hold asist will be avail. for the US spec ones. and if the S line logos will be in the seats? I didn't even know side assist was an option until I read though the forums. As soon as I get the 09 info im putting my order in!!!!! I want the car now now now! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
When i ordered my car March 22 they told me i was the first 09 order and that id be one of the first to have the 09 at Paul Miller. I dont think they start production of those til August. There should be a options list within a month or 2. Hope the car dont change in any bad way.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'm assuming the 09 model can only be pre-ordered in the US only I ordered my car last week and nobody mentioned the 09 model to me? I'm in the UK by the way!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Take pre-ordering with a grain of salt. You are just getting in line with your dealer here. It's otherwise meaningless until your dealer gets the actual allocation to fill your order. Until, you basically don't exist to Audi.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I visited my local dealer in Germany today. As Viper said earlier, the 09 prices and specs will be out in May. The dealer also said that they weren't expecting to see any design changes. He had a 2.7 S-Line auto in the showroom - the colour was 'GreyQuartz' metallic (not nice in my opinion).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, thats good news serdinya! At least the guy I talked to said the same thing..*sigh* MAY!!! I am glad I taked my wife out of getting the BMW. If our car is ready by Sept, we prob won't have the chance to test her on the autobahn..Its just such a long time to wait.....but worth it. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I hope you do get a chance on the autobahn Viper. I took mine out yesterday and saw over 240 kph (~150mph), before I came across a speed reduced section. Lovely!

·
Registered
141 Posts
well, we rented an A5 S-line (since nobody had one for test driving).. the only difference was it was a 3.0 TDI.. we took that sucker on the autobahn, and WOW i was SOLD!! I think I got it up to 210Kph with ease. Wish the diesel would go to the states.

Sure was a lot nicer to drive than my 89 Coupe quattro or the 94 Toyota tercel we have :) People notice the A5/S5 more than the 335xi. Every time we went on base/post in the A5, the guards would say WOW thats a nice car. I am sure you A5/S5 owners know the feeling. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
if they hike the price for an 09 model in canada i'm heading straight to the jaguar dealer for an XK coupe, prices are outragous enough for the A5 in canada.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
if they hike the price for an 09 model in canada i'm heading straight to the jaguar dealer for an XK coupe, prices are outragous enough for the A5 in canada.
How can you compare an Audi with a Ford in drag?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So does anyone know the pricing on the 2009 models??
I'm anxious to order one this year since I cant find one anywhere in southern california.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts