Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a call from my dealership saying that the allocations for the 09 are in and i need to make my order official. No prices. Anyway he told me the tech package comes with side assist now, and there is a Driver select option which cost around $5000 extra. Also Adaptive Cruise Control. The best part of all I get it in JULY not September.

· Registered
141 Posts
wow thats quick!! I want to put my order in as well. I dunno if any of the "new" options really thrill me. 5k for driver select sounds steep! What does it do actually? Does it just change the steering wheel feel or the suspension? Or both??

Side assist seems to be a good option though :)

· Registered
247 Posts
Let us know when you get some prices, I am curious as to what Audi is going to do next with the price for the 09s.

· Registered
53 Posts
Congrats on an improved delivery slot!...Keep us posted on the pricing of the '09's.

I'm curious to see what price they come up with if they "include" optional '08 features as standard or part of a package. Also wondering how much/if the add to the base price of the car.

· Registered
59 Posts
Wow, $5K for any option is high. I wanted Drive Select as well, but for 10% of the MSRP I may have to evaluate.

Does anybody have experience using the Drive Select (UK Members)? Can it really be worth that price?

I mean, this has to be a big step up from similar offerings by other competitors and must dramatically tighten and soften the ride to warrant that price.

From my experience, features like this generally go unused. I'd be interested to hear a take on this from someone who has driven both versions of car (with and without drive select).

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea he didnt give me the definite price but said it was expensive like 5k and you know how much these salesman know does sound steep...When i talk to him about the car or audi in general he seems to learn things that he should already know. Sure price should come soon since they have the options. If anyone finds out sooner let me know!

· Registered
15 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.