Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Sure!!! You need to go along to a place that recharge yer aircon. Costs about 60 USD and takes 40 mins hooked up to a device. The gas leaks gently from the system so will no longer cool the air. Easy!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
As Simon says, low gas, broken pressure sensor (quite common too), broken compressor (worst case and most expensive)!

Leaks generally occur in or around the condensing radiator. A shop should put some UV dye in with the gas so it can be checked for leaks if the system is low or empty.

Diagnostic pluggin check, should show any component faults and or the pressure test will show a leak.

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Dave, this also brings us round to the discussion which seems to conclude that keeping the aircon always on all year round is a good thing, cos running the aircon part time tends to use the gas quicker......

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Dave, this also brings us round to the discussion which seems to conclude that keeping the aircon always on all year round is a good thing, cos running the aircon part time tends to use the gas quicker......
Yep, recommended to run it for about 30mins every week or so. It's the seals that give up when not used.

Must admit I only use mine very rarely in the winter months, only when I click the windscreen button on frosty mornings to try and get a defrost quicker!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts