Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few months ago I got a 2009 Audi A5 from a buddy at work, he was the only car but the car was sitting for a year due to a blown starter. I got the car for a steal of the deal and me not knowing a whole lot about German cars decided to try and tackle this problem my self. I put a new starter in but that starter died after one crank, I put a new one jn and now it cranks! Only cranks at 500ish rpm and won’t seem to start up, ordered a vag com com and found these codes but have no clue where to go from here. Any help or advice would be much appreciated as I am still learning lol!
Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Window Hood Sky Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Electric blue

Hood Window Rectangle Grey Wood

Textile Font Material property Tints and shades Rectangle

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
968 Posts
You need a more detailed version of Vagcom such as Rosstech cable to find the exact error codes which we can then help you with.

The codes you have there are so generic I could list you lots on just one of the errors. If you get more specific codes the other members can help.

~Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a more detailed version of Vagcom such as Rosstech cable to find the exact error codes which we can then help you with.

The codes you have there are so generic I could list you lots on just one of the errors. If you get more specific codes the other members can help.

~Alex
The codes I have are
vehicle electrical system control module (00457) static
Sensor for refrigerant pressure/temp (00256) static
Air quality sensor(01592) static
Signal for duration of -ignition OFF- (01206) static
Local data bus 2(03020) static
Car cranks just won’t catch and start up

·
Registered
968 Posts
The codes I have are
vehicle electrical system control module (00457) static
Sensor for refrigerant pressure/temp (00256) static
Air quality sensor(01592) static
Signal for duration of -ignition OFF- (01206) static
Local data bus 2(03020) static
Car cranks just won’t catch and start up
None of those codes really represent the cranking of the motor to be honest. More of the AC / climate control issue more than anything else. Can you check your fuel pump and fuel filter are working properly ? otherwise it would be the coil pack and starter plugs to be replaced.

~Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
None of those codes really represent the cranking of the motor to be honest. More of the AC / climate control issue more than anything else. Can you check your fuel pump and fuel filter are working properly ? otherwise it would be the coil pack and starter plugs to be replaced.

~Alex
Replaced the spark plugs and she started for the first time in a year and a half lol, now I have a missfire on cyl 3&5 , I’m assuming coil packs but any thing else it could be?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Replaced the spark plugs and she started for the first time in a year and a half lol, now I have a missfire on cyl 3&5 , I’m assuming coil packs but any thing else it could be?
Well if you could get it initially running you need to see real-time injector timings, but other than that if there's misfire on 3/5 could need a compression test on the engine to see the overall condition of the rings and valves to make sure they dont need replacing either.

I suspect the coilpack as a starter as it's the cheapest of all to be honest.

~Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if you could get it initially running you need to see real-time injector timings, but other than that if there's misfire on 3/5 could need a compression test on the engine to see the overall condition of the rings and valves to make sure they dont need replacing either.

I suspect the coilpack as a starter as it's the cheapest of all to be honest.

~Alex
Okay thanks a ton bro! First Audi/vw and only my second car so I’m trying to teach my self about these cars lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts