Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a meeting w/ my dealer, and am excited to say that my order has been allocated for July delivery! I originally ordered my car in December 2007, and had been sixth in the allocation queue at my dealer. But apparently the guy who was number 1 asked to be pushed back due to financial issues, and so my dealer was able to argue that one of his customers should be the new number 1 at the dealership, and that was me! So, I jump from 6th to 1st, and get a July allocation rather than the September - October date I had expected.

Pricing is not yet out for '09, but I posted the new order guide for 2009 here:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/keeping-eye-out-2149/index.html

The only really new option to think about over the 2008 is the Audi Drive Select Package, which is described on the order sheet as "Drive Select controls; Dynamic steering system; adaptive damper system." This sound a bit like BMWs M-Drive - anyone else here know more about it? Any semi-educated guesses as to what its price may be?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, I'm pretty frustrated that my dealer really isn't talking to me. All I really want is to hear - we were allocated x cars, and if we continue with that type of allocation per month yours will get pulled in x month.

Actually, just something, anything, would be a welcome change to the silence... I remember telling myself to be patient. Patient for the car - sure, patient for information? nope...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think we'd all be a lot happier if dealerships adopted some kind of policy like yours. Coming up with a 2-3 month estimate shouldn't be that complicated.

·
Registered
204 Posts
yeah Scotty get us some pics. I am not a bimmer guy (only ever really liked the first gen M3 and 635 so would never buy a new one. Still would like to see pics of yours.

Tonny

·
Registered
134 Posts
I also got "the call" on Monday from my dealer telling me that I finally got my allocation. I had been first in line for a long time, but they had no allocations. I added the Drive Select option to my order just for kicks, even though they don't have pricing on the additional options yet. I was told that it would be 12 weeks from the time that he pulled the trigger on the order, so I am assuming that it will be the middle of July when my new beast shows up.

Now I will have to clean the garage another 3 times before it shows up...definitely a weird emotion when the call came through. After the months of frustration waiting with no info, now I must wait some more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.