Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There will be an extra option for the upcoming 2009 A5/S5. This option will be able to allow you to choose from comfort, sport or individual setting for ride, steering and engine response preferences. It will be a $2,500cad option.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
There will be an extra option for the upcoming 2009 A5/S5. This option will be able to allow you to choose from comfort, sport or individual setting for ride, steering and engine response preferences. It will be a $2,500cad option.
good to know... at least it's somewhat comparable in price to UK's 1700 pounds... but still a bit pricy for me.....

did you get word on what other options are new for 2009?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I heard the S5's will have the stainless steel trim standard....

with carbon fibre as an upgrade. (I like the SS inserts)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the most part there are very few differences to the 2009 MY vehicles from the 2008 MY vehicles. By making carbon fibre trim an available option on the S5 with brushed aluminum trim as standard equipment on the S5, we were able to add Audi Music Interface (AMI) as standard equipment to all models. You will also notice the Technology Package has a new option code "PTA" and now includes the addition of the popular feature Audi Side Assist. In addition to these improvements is a very exciting new available feature called "Audi Drive Select" that I will now provide a brief overview.

Audi Drive Select is an all new feature available on the new 2009 MY A4 Sedan and Avant that you may have heard a little bit about as we unveiled these vehicles in Toronto and Vancouver respectively. This new feature is also now available on the 2009 MY A5 and S5 models.

When driving the A5 or S5 equipped with Audi Drive Select, you will be able to clearly feel overall change in the vehicle's character via one central control switch with four preconfigured characteristics. These four modes will adapt the characteristics of the engine and accelerator, steering (servotronic), transmission (shift points with automatic), dynamic steering, and damping control. The vehicle's character can be adjusted noticeably via one control depending on the road condition or personal preference. Modes include "comfort" for relaxed driving on long trips or poor roads, "Dynamic" for a balanced but still very agile, "Sport" for committed driving on winding roads. You have the fourth option of "individual" that can be composed via the multi-media interface (MMI) and activated via the Audi Drive Select control.

Audi Drive Select offers great flexibility and range of driving experience and will be directionally priced around $2,500.

·
Registered
483 Posts
thanks good to know that side assist is now part of the PTA... save some $ again

any price increase or decrease on msrp or any of the options?

also, 0624, are you able to confirm if the Gas tax for the S5 tip is $75 or $250? and if the Stainless steel inlays (with piano black centre console) are standard for MY2009?
.... thanks in advance...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The price will stay the same, just a bit of change in the options. The offical information will be announce later in June/July of this year. Stainless Steel inlays will be stardard for sure, but I don't know about the centre console yet.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The price will stay the same, just a bit of change in the options. The offical information will be announce later in June/July of this year. Stainless Steel inlays will be stardard for sure, but I don't know about the centre console yet.
thanks man... as far as i know, piano black centre console comes with the stainless steel inlays, which used to be a $500 option for MY2008... i am gonna try to get this free upgrade for my MY2009... along with the free side assist, which i ordered by the handsome (not) price of $650

and thanks for the good news on the gas tax too at $75 for the tip instead of the $250 for 6 sp... every dealership should charge the same since it is based the same government mandated scale:

Highway Fuel Use Ratings
(Litres / 100 Km) Tax on New Passenger Vehicles (dollars) Tax on New Sport Utility Vehicles (dollars)
Under 6.0 0 0
6.0 to 7.9 75 0
8.0 to 8.9 75 75
9.0 to 9.4 250 200
9.5 to 12.0 1,200 400
12.1 to 15.0 2,400 800
15.1 to 18.0 4,400 1,600
over 18.0 7,000 3,200
http://www.greenontario.org/strategy/autos.html

0624, any idea how much is Adaptive cruise control will cost? it is being offered in the US for MY2009 according to this thread here:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/keeping-eye-out-2149/index.html?t=2149

the boss lady has already vetoed the Drive Select at $2500 :(.. so i will try my luck on the Adaptive Cruise Control with her if it is reasonably priced:) i will try to argue that we saved some money on the side assist and gas tax :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
re. Drive Select

I just placed an order for a MY2009 A5 (tip,tech,B&O,park assist, 19" Y-spoke and drive select). I have a copy of the 2009 Canadian Ordering Guide, if you have not already seen it I could scan and post it. Drive select is confirmed, as such, to be an option. The dealer could not provide any details regarding it, however, for eg. if it is magnetic or other mechanism, price for this and other options (as well as MSRP).

Also - I inquired to my salesman about Bluetooth and Satellite radio as these were not listed in the option list; it is because these will both be standard features on MY2009. I did inquire about Audi Music Interface, which is an option as per the 2009 USA Ordering Guide (posted elsewhere on this site). My salesman is looking into this for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts