Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been told the 2009 (US Market) pricing has not yet been released? Can anyone confirm this? My understanding is that any new cars ordered from this point will be for a MY2009 car but that the actual pricing is available :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I spoke to a regional district Vice President of Audi USA about this. It sucks because 2009 prices are increasing BIG TIME for the US market, but they are DECREASING for the Euro market. Talk about unfair.

US 2009 Base Prices:
A5: $45,435
S5: $55,200

That's basically a $5k bump from current base prices. Plus if you want the upgraded stereo, the $850 B&O option is being replaced by the $6300 B&O option from the A8.

Guess Audi knows what they've got in their hands ... our arses.

˙ɥƃn ˙ɹɐɔ sıɥʇ ɹoɟ ʇıɐʍ ı ǝlıɥʍ ʎzɐɹɔ ɹıʇs ƃuıoƃ ʇsnɾ ɯ,ı ˙˙˙ ʇsod ʎɯ ǝʌıƃɹoɟ ˙ʎuɐ ɟı 'ǝsɐǝɹɔuı ʇuǝɔɹǝd %1 ɐ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ǝʇɐdıɔıʇuɐ ʇ,uop ı ˙ɐǝpı ou ǝʌɐɥ ʎllɐǝɹ ı ˙noʎ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıʞʞoɟ ʇsnɾ ɯ,ı 'ǝpnp

·
Registered
68 Posts
I spoke to a regional district Vice President of Audi USA about this. It sucks because 2009 prices are increasing BIG TIME for the US market, but they are DECREASING for the Euro market. Talk about unfair.

US 2009 Base Prices:
A5: $45,435
S5: $55,200

That's basically a $5k bump from current base prices. Plus if you want the upgraded stereo, the $850 B&O option is being replaced by the $6300 B&O option from the A8.

Guess Audi knows what they've got in their hands ... our arses.

˙ɥƃn ˙ɹɐɔ sıɥʇ ɹoɟ ʇıɐʍ ı ǝlıɥʍ ʎzɐɹɔ ɹıʇs ƃuıoƃ ʇsnɾ ɯ,ı ˙˙˙ ʇsod ʎɯ ǝʌıƃɹoɟ ˙ʎuɐ ɟı 'ǝsɐǝɹɔuı ʇuǝɔɹǝd %1 ɐ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ǝʇɐdıɔıʇuɐ ʇ,uop ı ˙ɐǝpı ou ǝʌɐɥ ʎllɐǝɹ ı ˙noʎ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıʞʞoɟ ʇsnɾ ɯ,ı 'ǝpnp
Maaaaan, don’t play like that. I just got severely sick to my stomach! You are funny though because you got me … 'til I read the fine print. :D Oh, and I so understand the stir crazy part, I'm getting that way myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
it's written upside-down and backwards. so you have to read from the end to the front, and the letters are upside-down. jebus.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great. I used the price increase as one of my reasons for getting out of my Mercedes lease early and buying my S-line. I got the last a5 in Santa Barbara. Heck, I probably have the only A5 from Goleta to Montery. The wife wasn't on board with the idea until I told her I could wait and get the same car for 5-10K more next year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
it reads:

"dude, im just fokking with you. i really have no idea. i don't anticipate more than a 1% increase, if any... forgive my post. im just going stir crazy while i wait for this car. ugh"

·
Registered
20 Posts
it reads:

"dude, im just fokking with you. i really have no idea. i don't anticipate more than a 1% increase, if any... forgive my post. im just going stir crazy while i wait for this car. ugh"
The funny thing is once you manage to read that upside down print, all other print looks upside down for a few mins.... that or maybe i need to get glasses for real!!!.. :) But funny nevertheless... it did get me going for a moment!

·
Registered
220 Posts
The question for Audi is, how much of an increase would make you change your mind.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The question for Audi is, how much of an increase would make you change your mind.
For me the price is already pushing it as it is. With market adjustment, it's the most expensive car in the genre. If it went up much more than 1%, I'd seriously consider cancelling my order and reconsidering the G37 coupe.

-Ray

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Audi's sales/marketing of the A5 in the US, at least here in California, has been odd. I've spoken to my local dealers (Keyes, SM and BH Audi) and have been informed about the "market adjustment." The A5 is a great car but seriously how many sales has Audi lost by being overpriced with compared to their competition? Yes I understand the A5 is somewhat unique but it still has to compete with other cars in its class. BMW was somewhat similar when the new 3 series design was released but there was very little else comparable at the time. I don't know what new car sales numbers this year compared to past however my guess is that its not booming and the anti-rebate from the dealer isn't helping. Maybe I'll purchase from a dealer out of state.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I don't know what new car sales numbers this year compared to past however my guess is that its not booming and the anti-rebate from the dealer isn't helping.
Audi just posted best Q1 sales of all time this year.

-Ray

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Audi just posted best Q1 sales of all time this year.

-Ray
What year were you referring to?

"Audi of America Inc. announced sales for the month of April totaling 7,730, a decrease of 4.6% from last year's record figures"

"Audi of America Inc. reported revenue results for the month of march 2008. The company reported that its March U.S. sales were relatively flat, as higher demand for its A4, S4 and RS 4 models largely offset lower sales of other models."

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=7704527

"Audi of America, Inc. announced today sales for the month of February totaling 6,152, a decrease of 6.9% from last year's figures."

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS250292+03-Mar-2008+PRN20080303

"Audi of America, Inc. announced today that its record-setting sales pace continues. Sales for the month of January totaled 6,418 vehicles, an increase of 0.3% from last year’s figures."

http://media.audiusa.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=9991

·
Registered
487 Posts
I ordered early, kind of predicting an increase. However, I didn't expect such a high increase [if this is true].

Edit: oh man....I just read that fine print too.... Got me good...however, I do expect a small increase in the price.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
What year were you referring to?

"Audi of America Inc. announced sales for the month of April totaling 7,730, a decrease of 4.6% from last year's record figures"

"Audi of America Inc. reported revenue results for the month of march 2008. The company reported that its March U.S. sales were relatively flat, as higher demand for its A4, S4 and RS 4 models largely offset lower sales of other models."

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=7704527

"Audi of America, Inc. announced today sales for the month of February totaling 6,152, a decrease of 6.9% from last year's figures."

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS250292+03-Mar-2008+PRN20080303

"Audi of America, Inc. announced today that its record-setting sales pace continues. Sales for the month of January totaled 6,418 vehicles, an increase of 0.3% from last year’s figures."

http://media.audiusa.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=9991
It was a press release by Audi, Germany:

http://www.infibeam.com/blog/news/2...best_q1_vehicle_sales_in_company_history.html

-Ray

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I ordered early, kind of predicting an increase. However, I didn't expect such a high increase [if this is true].

Edit: oh man....I just read that fine print too.... Got me good...however, I do expect a small increase in the price.
I expect a price increase as well, but all this time waiting for the car to arrive gives plenty of time to gather the scratch for a bigger downpayment. 1% of $50k is only 500 bucks, which is easy to prepare for given a several month waiting period. Even a 2-3% increase wouldn't be the end of the world.

-Ray

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts