Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2008 Audi 5 with a manual 0B4 KMV Transmission... it is hard to shift and howls pretty aggressively under throttle... pretty much all signs point to transmission failed... some or all of the bearings have failed... and the transmission might not be serviceable, as a result.

So now I am on the hunt for a good core and I am completely confused on the topic for the following reasons:

It seems the A5/S5 has several ID's available for their various offerings. Among them, is mine... the 0B4 KMV.

Now, I have the correct part number from Audi: 0B4-300-027 with the KMV ID

If I look on a site like Jim Ellis Audi parts... it appears the part number is compatible with S5 and A5

There is a transmission that I have found from a breaker that is identified as a KMV but having come from a A5

Those two pieces of information led me to believe that there might have been an A5 out there that had a 6 speed KMV transmission... but I cannot confirm in the slightest... and pouring through other listings from numerous locations generally claim S5 and A5 compatibility BUT they never have a KMV designation. Talking to JHM and they THINK although they didn't seem certain, but they THINK that all A5's came with only the 0B2's and not 0B4's

Does any know? Did A5's ever come with an 0B4... and even more specifically a KVM ID version?

OR

Does anyone know if there are other versions of the 0B4 which would interchange with the KMV version

OR

Does anyone have a KVM 0B4 core for sale? lol

Seriously... this has been driving me nuts and I am beginning to think I am just wasting my time but the cost of me giving up and being wrong is rather high versus unlocking the magic door and finding a unicorn in sheeps clothing

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Nate old boy PLEASE show us some photos of your car and your work, sounds great!!! Ps did you find that unicorn???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will... once I start to get into it further... still need to find a transmission to begin tearing it down

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
In the UK I know an excellent Audi used parts seller, perhaps they can ship to the States??? Contact Prestige Motors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts