Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I recently bought a 2008 S5. I am looking to upgrade it so I can have the "3D" maps on the navigation.
The info that I got from searching around the net is inconclusive.
Some say that the 4L0 998 961 disk will do but others say that they wont do.
I asked Audi in Sydney and they told me I have to book it for a service and I will get charged for this as they cannot sell me the disks only...
Does anyone know where I can download these disks?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Sadly it's not just a software upgrade.

You'll require a number of hardware components that'll cost you $1,000's. You'd then need to find someone who know's how to program the replacement components to work with your cars setup.

There a few on here that have done it and even upgraded to the Google MMI for which you can see details of here

Do a search for MMI upgrade and you should come up with the relevant info for the upgrade you require.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MMI 2G High Update

Sadly it's not just a software upgrade.

You'll require a number of hardware components that'll cost you $1,000's. You'd then need to find someone who know's how to program the replacement components to work with your cars setup.

There a few on here that have done it and even upgraded to the Google MMI for which you can see details of here

Do a search for MMI upgrade and you should come up with the relevant info for the upgrade you require.
Thanks buddy but I want the disks that updates the firmware to 5570...Sorry if I didn't make my self clear

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The 5570 updates are for the MMI not the sat nav. These are available from the audi parts department IIRC for around GBP10 and lots of instructions on here and the net on how to update it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys maybe I didn't made my self clear on this
The 5570 lets you enable the "3D" option in the sat nav from what I ve read on the net. Audi Centre in Sydney doesn't sells them but you will have to book your car in to do it and they want 220 dollars for it...I am happy to pay the 10GBP if I can find them from elsewhere and know that they will do on my car.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Reactions: Guyfarrer6

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I updated my 2008 A5 MMI 2G with them, I also have B&O and all was good. Read the bit in the other thread about updating bluetooth (disk 2), you may need to run that disk twice. Some people say it changes the bass of the B&O setup, but I never noticed any difference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
S5 MMI Update

I updated my 2008 A5 MMI 2G with them, I also have B&O and all was good. Read the bit in the other thread about updating bluetooth (disk 2), you may need to run that disk twice. Some people say it changes the bass of the B&O setup, but I never noticed any difference.
Thanks mate
A5 and S5 I think have the same MMI. Does yours have the B&O sound system?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
yes mate

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.