Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Since 2009 A5 models are in, how much did you pay for 2008 A5?
I am currently shopping for one and I would like to know how much it is going for now.

I am thinking of getting premium package and navigation with it.
Will I be able to go lower then invoice price?

Any input will be helpful.

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that price is from last year no?
I am sure they wont charge me msrp for 2008 model...

and silly me...I posted in A5 + S5 topic instead of A5 Q&A...If one of the mod can move this tread to A5 Q&A it will be great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so I got few quotes from other dealers...but they are all selling 2008 A5 for msrp...
They said, there are no cars available (08 or 09). Therefore the lack of discounting on all of them.

sigh....and I thought I could get good deal on 2008 model.

So most people who purchased A5 paid msrp? (In USA)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yes

·
Registered
48 Posts
I guess I got lucky, I got mine used (08, was bought in february) this august fro $42000 with almost everything (see sig) (original price was around $48000)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow Jeep642! That is a killer deal!!! It's like fully loaded.
so was $42000 OTD? and how many miles were on it?

Also, how do you like the manual? I was thinking of buying auto because I got little tired of driving stick in the traffic (current vehicle 2006 STi) but then again I am sure I am going to regret getting auto.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It had 11000 miles on it.

A few years ago I bought a Mustang with auto trans and always thought I should ve taken the manual.

When it comes to "sports cars" you GOTTA go with manual. It's so much more fun!!!;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just make sure you're not buying in California...that same A5 model fully loaded is being priced at about $59k....waaay over MSRP
Holly $#!T !!! You gotta be kidding!!! Woah, for that price I'm not buying an A5...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Exactly...its f'n insanity...but i think i just found a used 2008 A5 S-Line with all the fixings for $51k with 4500 miles on it.
So basically, here in cali, you need to find a used A5 to get you down to the 'real' msrp.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Here's the weird thing...its an S-Line, Black....and i thought the standard interior with an S-Line was black, but the pictures look like its more gray.
can anyone with an s-line clarify???
Many of the photos of black interiors make it appear as though the interior is somewhat gray. However, all S-line A5s come with black interior only. Period. It's just that some of the photos don't accurately reflect the black color. The carpeting in particular tends to look more gray than black in some of the photos I've seen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gotcha....that makes sense.

I really dont know what to do though.
Gotta pay MSRP of what would be a brand new car for one with almost 5000 miles on it. I am sooo over southern cali prices.
Anyone got any advice on how to get a deal....or even just a fair price....not 'cali' price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.