Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a used 2008 A5 soon. One thing I've noticed but can't figure out is the interior changes. Note the two photos below - both listed as 2008 models.

Strange? Or is it just me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have never seen this kind of display on A5. Are you sure that the right picture doesn't come from perhaps A4?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer and all the other photos are of the A5 and this is along with them. Was there a change in production very early on?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im pretty sure the 2nd picture, does not have MMI/navi. That is a base, stock car.
I know it's a small details but I know it will annoy me a bit overtime - MMI is def. for me.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The orange LED picture looks like the old A4 or A6. Not the A5.

Even the earliest of models had coloured DIS.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you order the sat-nav then the colour display of the first photo has to go with it...

If you do not order sat-nav the standard display is the one on the second pic, the colour one is optional, for a cost ofcourse...

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you order the sat-nav then the colour display of the first photo has to go with it...

If you do not order sat-nav the standard display is the one on the second pic, the colour one is optional, for a cost ofcourse...
correct
i don't have nav and i have the red screen

·
Registered
464 Posts
that is an A5 cluster as the speedo and rev counter are seperated by the dividers, on the A4 its all one unit

·
Registered
51 Posts
The left one looks most like my A5, I notice the right one has "Park Brake" on the speedometer which isnt the same as the European symbol like (0).

Just an observation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here in Norway the one on the left is an accessory that you have to pay extra for (about $220 - regardless if we ordered sat-nav or not) and is called "Driver Info System with Color Display".

The information displayed is the same for both systems. The only difference is the resolution and the number of colors as far as I know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm looking to get a used 2008 A5 soon. One thing I've noticed but can't figure out is the interior changes. Note the two photos below - both listed as 2008 models.

Strange? Or is it just me.
The monochrome display is available in Europe, as the color DIS is an option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So does that mean all UK A5's regardless of fitted with MMI has the colour display. Mine is on order atm without the MMI and I will be most dischuffed if it comes with that basic display

·
Registered
821 Posts
Dischuffed - what a great word :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It appears to be standard on UK models.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Monochrome screeen on base models. I remember looking at that when I got mine the beginning of this year. There weren't many pictures but it says so if you look through the brochure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So just to clarify, if I get the Premium Plus model (N America - without Nav) that comes with "Driver Info Colour Display", it is the 1st pic that I get? It definitely looks more like a coloured option comparing to the Red... though I was told by the dealers that it is in fact the Red is the colour display...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Gotcha, so the picture on the Right is standard on cars without Nav... so what is the difference between the Base/Standard one and the "Colour Display" option going to be? There must be a difference even for non-Nav cars, if you are paying a premium of having that additional "Colour Display" option...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts