Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Im new here. Just bought myself a A5 with the 3.0tdi engine. The car has "all" equipment you culd get, or so iv been told. It has a power drain issue. What i have been told is that after 4-5 days its empty...

He also mention these faults with the car: Speakers in the doors both sides dont work. Tweeters in the dash do (Band Olufson) , The aux heater dont work, The window washing system dont work at times (Comes and goes),

I did a code search, deleted codes and then read again after driving. I will try to attatche the report. What i can see is that there are a few codes with "going to ground".

If any in here knows these cars better then me i wold loove to hear your take on these things!

Attachments

·
Sponsor
2,308 Posts
Those codes are so all over the place it sounds like you have a short somewhere. You won't get any real answers scanning it I think, you need to get poking around with a multimeter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really interested in what could be causing your issues, my 3.0 tdi seems to have the same problem (Battery drains over a few days rapidly) Owned the car for a year now and simple "Dealt" with the issue (Simply kept very close attention to battery level), i did have a scan somewhere of the codes which returned a handful of errors but i also couldn't find an answer to the Q. Interestingly i replaced the battery once i got the car (As i thought this could easily be the issue) and this same battery completely killed itself a couple of days ago (Cant be jumped or charged, simply no life) after returning from a week holiday, so i'm wondering if the cars electronics have somehow caused this?

You also mentioned your B&O door speakers not working, maybe a coincidence but mine also were not working when i got the car (Neither was the Sub), ended up having the amp repaired to solve this, but maybe related somehow :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts