Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Intake manifold flap; Bank 1
P2008 electrical malfunction

early S5's had a different intake manifold to the later, so electrical operation of the flaps, rather than vacuum as on the later ones so the fix will be different.

The code would be similar to P2004, P2005, P2006, P2007 in that either your flaps on either bank 1 or 2 are stuck open, or closed respectively.....

is it a case of manifold off to actually see what is broken, i.e. the plastic flaps have disintegrated or is it a controlling motor externally that has let the smoke out and is fubar?

Anyone had anything similar on the same age S5?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the later version intake manifold (vacuum actuated flaps), but my experience such as this was attributed to carbon buildup. Have you had a carbon cleaning?? Not the atomization style (misting into the intake), but a manual media blast or chemical scrub??

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the later version intake manifold (vacuum actuated flaps), but my experience such as this was attributed to carbon buildup. Have you had a carbon cleaning?? Not the atomization style (misting into the intake), but a manual media blast or chemical scrub??
no but my current thinking on reading the WWW, I removed the spark plugs at the weekend and I suspect I've dislodged the wiring on the connector to the flap motor as this loom is contained within the same plastic conduit as the coil pack plugs and that loom was bloody tight to get off the coil packs.
It's too much of a coincidence that I was in the area of this and then the very next time I drive the vehicle this fault rears it's ugly head...

Roll on Saturday, just getting to the plug is a ball ache with my massive hands, I see my 10 year old coming to help :wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.