Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got 2g high mmi and added a most AMI , optic and power harness and a tune 2 air.
I've connected the ami with harness and directly to the original cd feeds and the mmi can see the ami with both options.
But it just says that it's not connected or has an issue?
Also no power to the tune to air, I have to use an additional power source.
Any body fitted one and knows if you have to use vcds etc as it's should be a 20 Min fit lol.
I've updated to 5570 and also restarted the mmi.
It's doing my nut in only being able to listen to 2 fm radio stations down in Devon

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
968 Posts
I'm thinking there's something not right here with the installation because you've tapped into your CD changer for the MOST optical and the Power correct? Otherwise there'd be no point in the splitter.

In any case which you need is a Rosstech cable to do a line of coding because the unit doesn't know that there are now two sources to choose from hence why it won't be shown in your Media interface.

Using rosstech cable, Go to the CAN Gateway module and press the Installation List button on your VCDS software. Then, check the Media Device N2 to add a second player source to your car and hit Save. That’s it, you can now chose between your CD changer and the AMI.

If it still doesn't work. Check the power lead is inserted correctly and finally id say it would be the updating of the MMI software 5570 and re-doing it.

~Alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking there's something not right here with the installation because you've tapped into your CD changer for the MOST optical and the Power correct? Otherwise there'd be no point in the splitter.

In any case which you need is a Rosstech cable to do a line of coding because the unit doesn't know that there are now two sources to choose from hence why it won't be shown in your Media interface.

Using rosstech cable, Go to the CAN Gateway module and press the Installation List button on your VCDS software. Then, check the Media Device N2 to add a second player source to your car and hit Save. That’s it, you can now chose between your CD changer and the AMI.

If it still doesn't work. Check the power lead is inserted correctly and finally id say it would be the updating of the MMI software 5570 and re-doing it.

~Alex
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

~Alex
[/QUOTEforgot to mention that i have the 6cd changer in the dash not the glove box so i need the harness if it works. I have vcds but it will be my first time using other than lookingat faults , so a bit daunting at 1st 🤣]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts