Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping somebody can help as my car is pretty much not drivable at the moment! - Can any body please let me know what wires/pins will send power to my seat backrest motor? - I believe that sending 12V directly to the motor will let me put the backrest back up until I can figure out the following:

My 7 year old got behind the wheel of my my 2007 Audi A5 3.0TDI Quattro and played with the electric seat buttons - I`m not exactly sure what he did but think that he put the Backrest all the way forward - When I tried to re adjust the seat to the normal position I could only move the backrest in the reclining position with no forward movement available and now after several attempts to fix and recalibrate the seat module by moving the seat to its end limits, I have fully reclined the backrest and it will not move to the upright position - All other functions of the seat work! - I have switched the Seat Control Module with the fully functional Passenger Seat Control Module and have also switched the Seat Buttons/Switches and the problem stayed with the Driver Seat so I know that the problem is not the Seat Switch Modules or the Seat Control modules - Having put everything back as stock, I am now getting the errors:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 06: Seat Mem. Pass (J521) Labels:. 8T0-959-760.clb
Part No SW: 8T0 959 760 HW: 8T0 959 760
Component: MEM-BFS H08 0027
Revision: AA000000 Serial number: 00001001010682
Coding: 08217025002444441000
Shop #: WSC 06325 000 00000
VCID: 55F488C125040B538C5-8000

1 Fault Found:
03330 - Motor for Fore/Aft Adjustment
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100101
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 236
Mileage: 261050 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2007.01.30
Time: 01:40:00

I am hoping that it is possible for me to reprogram / Readapt the Seat Control Module - Any help or advise in solving this is greatly appreciated! - Thank you very Much in advance for any help provided!

Best regards,

JudeA5Quattro.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Hello,

By the look of the coding it needs adjustment! Just like the window recalibration.

I would retry holding your seat movement all the way forwards and all the way backwards and holding on a few more seconds when it reaches its travel limit. That should reset the whole module.

And then see if you can do the backrest.

Usually this resets the memory seats. But anyways have a go and let us know how it goes.

~Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alex,
Thanks very much for your help! - I have tried again to move the seat to the full forward position then pressing again to get the extra few millimetres and holding for about 7 seconds to hear the faint click and then back to the rear with the same procedure - then back again to the front - then back to the rear - but still no power to the back rest motor! - Would you know the PIN Numbers / Wire Colours from the control module to the backrest motor?

Thanks again - all help is really appreciated!

JudeA5Quattro

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi Alex,
Thanks very much for your help! - I have tried again to move the seat to the full forward position then pressing again to get the extra few millimetres and holding for about 7 seconds to hear the faint click and then back to the rear with the same procedure - then back again to the front - then back to the rear - but still no power to the back rest motor! - Would you know the PIN Numbers / Wire Colours from the control module to the backrest motor?

Thanks again - all help is really appreciated!

JudeA5Quattro
I’m don’t have a wiring diagram for the back rest motor, but does the back rest not move at all?
As in no audible power going through?

maybe it could be potentially a fuse issue perhaps, or the plugs for the motor beneath the seat has come loose etc etc?

~Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....The Backrest Motor would only go in the reclining position -It has ended up fully reclined as I tried to do the end to end recalibration trick hopping it would get forward movement again once it went all the way back but no luck!- all other functions of the seat worked correctly - I swapped the modules and the switches with the passenger side and the problem stayed with the driver seat - so I know that the module is ok and the switch is ok - I assume that the fuse for the backrest motor is the same in both directions?

·
Registered
889 Posts
....The Backrest Motor would only go in the reclining position -It has ended up fully reclined as I tried to do the end to end recalibration trick hopping it would get forward movement again once it went all the way back but no luck!- all other functions of the seat worked correctly - I swapped the modules and the switches with the passenger side and the problem stayed with the driver seat - so I know that the module is ok and the switch is ok - I assume that the fuse for the backrest motor is the same in both directions?
Do you have memory seats function?

~Alex

·
Registered
889 Posts
Also for the heck of it:

Try to raise the seats all the way up to the up to the the upper limit, then all the way down to the lower limit - the do the same forward/back?

See if that resets it all?

~Alex

·
Registered
889 Posts
Useful link to see how this guy does the reset and perhaps follow his procedure?

~Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...Thanks very much for the video link Alex -I tried that but still no luck - Also I don't have memory seat function - the more I look at this the more I think it must be a short/brake in loom wire - either from the switch to the controller or from the controller to the backrest motor - I think If I knew what wires went to the backrest motor, I could run 12 volts to the motor and get the seat back upright! - Alternatively if I could access the backrest motor directly - I have not had the back cover off the seat yet - I guess I will try that next - I am trying to be as least invasive as I can - trying to avoid damaging further!

I really do appreciate your help - any other ideas or advice re taking seat apart or running 12 volts up the loom?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would suggest using a multimeter then if you believe it’s open circuit or intermittent issue! I use an auto range multimeter and I would first check signal strength from the button input to motor, might need someone to help you hold the button.

Also might be helpful a wiring diagram I got from here:

I hope this helps!
~Alex

·
Registered
889 Posts
Also from this post you can see a photo which shows the loom which powers the motors:

~Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...So I have made some progress - I took the back of the seat off and now know what wires power the Backrest Motor - There are 4 wires - 2 of which are larger gauge = 1 brown & yellow to pin 1 of the 12 pin port on the Module and 1 red & yellow to pin 6 of the 12 pin port on the module. The 2 lighter guage wires are 1 green & brown with the other being blue & brown - I am not sure of the pin numbers but these go to the smaller 10 pin port on the controls module. - I am planning on sending 12 volts to the backrest motor from an external battery to get it back in an upright position - I assume that the larger gauge wires are the power runs but the smaller wires are now confusing me - any ideas or advice before I proceed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
..... I got the seat buck up! - +12 Volts to pin1 netagtve terminal at Pin 6 - Car Battery was disconnected to be on the safe side! - I hope this helps somebody in the same situation!

JudeA5Quattro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I the car is now drivable again - and I now know that the module is ok - the backrest motor is ok - the switch is ok - the power cables to the backrest motor are ok - so the problem must be a short in the wire from the switch to the module or the module being blocked from send the 12V for some reason - any other ideas or advice?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well it didn’t say an open circuit on the readout of the module, but rather a range adjustment, I wonder if that is still the case you know?!

shame I can’t offer much more than what I’ve already said!

maybe try re-setting the module again now your back rest is up?
Does the backrest not move at all?
Could be the switched sticking perhaps?

~Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Alex,
The car is put back and the seat is in a good position - but now the neither the backrest recline or upright functions work (at least my wife wont be able to mess up my chosen position!)) - At this stage I think that this is a system issue relating to reaching the max forward and aft limits of the backrest and am of the opinion that the module has decided not to power the backrest motor as a result - I now get the following errors when running a diagnostic and can clear them all except I then end up getting the 03330 which I can not clear - which I had at the start - I think error 03338 has locked the module some how! - Also I can no longer adjust the passenger seat to match my driver seat on the MMI in the dash as I used to be able to! - Thanks again for all of your help!

Address 06: Seat Mem. Pass (J521) Labels:. 8T0-959-760.clb
Part No SW: 8T0 959 760 HW: 8T0 959 760
Component: MEM-BFS H08 0027
Revision: AA000000 Serial number: 00001001010682
Coding: 08217025002444441000
Shop #: WSC 06325 000 00000
VCID: 55F488C125040B538C5-8000

5 Faults Found:
03338 - Force Limit for Fore/Aft Seat Adjustment: Forwards
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 3
Date: 2007.01.31
Time: 03:49:00

03330 - Motor for Fore/Aft Adjustment
Freeze Frame:
Mileage: 1048574 km

03334 - Motor for Head Rest Adjustment
Freeze Frame:
Mileage: 261054 km
Time: 22:55:00

03332 - Motor for Height Adjustment
Freeze Frame:

03333 - Motor for Cushion Angle Adjustment
Freeze Frame:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
889 Posts

if you use google web translate:

Possible causes:
  • Fuse (s) making poor contact or defective
  • Wiring and / or connections defective
  • Mechanical blocking
Possible solutions:
  • Check / replace fuse (s)
    1. remove the fuse (s)
    2. clean the ends of the fuse (s) (sand very lightly with fine sandpaper, then very little contact spray on it)
    3. Measure fuse (s) with a multimeter (the fuse (s) sometimes looks fine, but appearances can be deceiving)
    4. refit / replace fuse (s)
    5. sometimes nothing is visible on the outside of the fuse box, but the inside fuse box is defective
    6. is the part where you push in the fuses oxidized or melted?
  • Check / repair wiring and connections
  • Check mechanical blockage

·
Registered
848 Posts
Maybe when your kid ran the seat all the way forward it pinched and cut/shorted a wire somewhere and now it'll only run in the recline direction?

Regards

Reactions: Alex1990
1 - 20 of 30 Posts