·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi booster,

I was at a few Audi dealers over the weekend checking colours etc as I'm looking at getting an A5 2.0TFSI multitronic and currently have an 06 plate facelifted 2.0 TDi S Line DSG also in Avus Silver. I did not ask for any p/ex prices on mine but I was doing some research as to likely private sale values and came across your A3 and thought it was very good value which does make me worry what mine will be worth in 6 months time.

I would be interested to know how you get on with the sale. Did you get part/ex prices even lower than that? Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I work in car finance and keep my eye on the market. We also subscribe to Glass's Guide. I have priced the car smack bang between trade and retail which is where it should be. I haven't added anything on for the nav or other extras as although they cost a lot when new, they don't really make any difference to second hand prices, hopefully just make it easier to sell.

There are loads of A3s on autotrader and pistonheads that are WAY over priced and they will just sit there. Mine is the cheapest out there with normal mileage and has better spec than others I have seen.

I haven't even asked for a p/x price for mine from the dealer as I know it would be a real kick in the nuts!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi again,

Thanks for the info. Yeah I did think that a lot of the A3 prices were too good to be true (for a soon to be seller of one). I ordered mine with only metallic, folding mirrors, parking sensors and Symphony II (which has been retrofitted with a RNS-E). I have done less than 14K miles in 2.5 years and saw a near identical one, except RNS-E, on an Audi dealer's forecourt for £16,980 so I was thinking mine would be worth £2k less if sold now and £3K less if sold in 6 months time. But only the market will tell.

Likewise I was bracing myself for a poor part/ex price and fully expect to have to try and sell it privately so I'm now keeping an eye on A3 values.

I think yours is definitely priced to sell so will be a bit concerned if it does not do so quickly!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reduced to £12,495. It is on Autotrader, Pistonheads, Audi-sport.net, Tyresmoke and not a single call!!! It is the cheapest S-Line on all of the websites by £1k and is in fantastic condition with all the right options. Just shows you what the economy os like right now!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Reduced to £12,495. It is on Autotrader, Pistonheads, Audi-sport.net, Tyresmoke and not a single call!!! It is the cheapest S-Line on all of the websites by £1k and is in fantastic condition with all the right options. Just shows you what the economy os like right now!!
OMG! I can hardly believe this has not sold. I am going this afternoon for a test drive in an A5 and the fact that my A3 is going to be a nightmare to sell is really putting me off the whole deal at the moment.

I called Fontain yesterday to see whether they would give me a price but no call back as yet. Perhaps they won't if they can't sell them either!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealers aren't buying cars at any price. They are stacked out with cars and they aren't selling. Some of the dealers we work with are 60% down on new cars going out on 1st September compared to this time last year :eek:. If mine doesn't go by next week I'm going to leave it with one of them on a sale or return basis. Really didn't think it would be this much trouble to get rid of considering the options its got and the condition it is in.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dealers aren't buying cars at any price. They are stacked out with cars and they aren't selling. Some of the dealers we work with are 60% down on new cars going out on 1st September compared to this time last year :eek:. If mine doesn't go by next week I'm going to leave it with one of them on a sale or return basis. Really didn't think it would be this much trouble to get rid of considering the options its got and the condition it is in.
The dealer, where I had the test drive yesterday, did give me a part/ex price of about £1,000 less than about the best price I would likely to be able to achieve in a private sale (if I could sell it at all) so I actually think that that was pretty good! The downside is that the discount on the A5 is not likely to cut it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts