Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
White is the new black? Who knows....but these are my new wheels.
20x9 up front, 20x11 in the rear. Tires are 245/35-20 and 285/30-20 Kumho's.
Thoughts? Comments?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Looks good ashley, although in my opinion I think the Matt Diamond Black T1s or the Black Polish would have looked better as they would have given a good contrast color to the white.

But congrats on the wheels....

How much did the wheels cost?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wah

I actually bought them used in black polish but wanted to do something different. Their are a lot of heavy duty cars around my city and it's hard to stand out. My last Porsche was 'murdered out' in all black so I decided to go all white this time.

By the way, are you running a testpipe? Or did you just take out your cats?
Does this increase exhaust sound or just performance?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
By the way, are you running a testpipe? Or did you just take out your cats?
Does this increase exhaust sound or just performance?
You know I never quite understood what the difference between a testpipe and a DP is. I believe they are essentially the same thing.

Therefore, I do have a new 3'' DP with a new high flow CAT.

This would definitely increase the sound and some tuners claim an increase in hp but it isn't noticeable; at least to me.

How much did the wheels run you?

·
Registered
359 Posts
My understanding, as limited as it might be, is a "test pipe" is essentially a "cat-delete" pipe with O2 sensors installed at either end. The problem would be false readings possibly. Otherwise, I'm stumped at the term "test pipe.".

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ashley what did you do to your headlights to get rid ofthe orange reflector? Is that painted or a piece custom made by a shop? More details please.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
down pipe usually includes a cat.
test pipe is usually cat less, or has a hollowed out cat.
So would a DP without a CAT be considered a test pipe?

·
Registered
268 Posts
TP and DP are not the same thing although it is often confused. The downpipe bolts directly to a turbo's output. A test pipe then bolts to that. A lot of test pipes however, bolt directly to the turbo eliminating the need for a downpipe which is usually cast aluminum like the manifold instead of SS. It is just as easy to make a single unit to replace it all. In the case of our cars and more and more it seems, manufacturers follow suit with aftermarket tuners and simply delete the downpipe in favor of a single piece.

Little tid bit, never hollow out your cats. Increase turbulence and you lose HP. Dyno tested and proven...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
My understanding, similar to Alkivar's, was that a testpipe replaces the stock CAT as well as the DP. Now, you may leave the stock CAT in and replace the DP only! Or the best solution would be to add a new hi-flow CAT.

I have the new hi-flow CAT welded right after the turbo, and after that comes the 3'' DP that leads to the exhaust itself...

I was contemplating reverting back to the stock DP but leaving my hi-flow CAT (how restrictive could the stock DP be?) on.
Not really sure what to do at this moment or if I want to play around with the exhaust some more....

·
Registered
625 Posts
You know I never quite understood what the difference between a testpipe and a DP is. I believe they are essentially the same thing.

Therefore, I do have a new 3'' DP with a new high flow CAT.

This would definitely increase the sound and some tuners claim an increase in hp but it isn't noticeable; at least to me.

How much did the wheels run you?
My understanding of a test pipe is a pipe which replaces the cat.:cheers:

·
Registered
625 Posts
White is the new black? Who knows....but these are my new wheels.
20x9 up front, 20x11 in the rear. Tires are 245/35-20 and 285/30-20 Kumho's.
Thoughts? Comments?
Very nice.You will have one of the very few whites.Have fun cleaning them, my silvers are always in need.Make sure the dia. of the different tires are the same,dont forget four wheel drive pulls on all four at the same time. Trans wont like that.:thinking2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts