Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still snooping around as to what tires to jump into next...
I am currently running 20x10 all around w/ 275/30 Toyos and considering downsizing to 285/25, brand yet to be determined.

Everyone and anyone w/ aftermarket wheels please do share your
1_Wheel specs
2_Tire brand & specs

Much appreciated,
Alwin

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Front: 20x9" running 255/30/20
Rear: 20x11" running 305/25/20

I have Continental ContiSportContact3 tires, which are significantly louder than the stock Dunlops. I'll be switching to Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tires next. I prefer the much more squared off sidewall that the Potenzas have compared to the somewhat rounded sidewall of the Conti's.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've heard great things about the Nitto Invo's. Whenever my car actually shows up, I will be running 275/30/20's (20x10 wheel all around) and will look hard at the Nitto's and the Bridgestone's that Tx mentioned.

Also, I've run the Falken FK452's before and I wasn't happy with them. They wore VERY quickly and were quite noisy once they began to wear.

·
Registered
384 Posts
360 Forged

20 x 9.5
275/30/20
Yokohama S.Drive
(Great Performance, less wet traction, very noisy)

Alwin seriously go with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

Bridgestone Potenza RE050.......Very happy with the look, feel, and noise level.

·
Registered
132 Posts
durability

Hi Sizzle

What sort of mileage do you get from your Bridgestones please ? I have the same but don't know what to expect.

Any idea what they cost in US ? IN UK they are $300+ each - might pack 4 when I am over in May !
Cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
20" spec

20" EUR SPEC RS4 OEM S5 WHEEL

265/30/ZR20 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 - Best tire on the market

·
Registered
218 Posts
275/30/20

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

I have Continental ContiSportContact3 tires, which are significantly louder than the stock Dunlops. I'll be switching to Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tires next. I prefer the much more squared off sidewall that the Potenzas have compared to the somewhat rounded sidewall of the Conti's.
I'm running these exact same ones (got a good deal on them, didn't actually want this brand because of exactly what you said). I too will try the RE050's next, or maybe Toyo T1R.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hi Sizzle

What sort of mileage do you get from your Bridgestones please ? I have the same but don't know what to expect.

Any idea what they cost in US ? IN UK they are $300+ each - might pack 4 when I am over in May !
Cheers
Paid $1300 for all four....

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm running these exact same ones (got a good deal on them, didn't actually want this brand because of exactly what you said). I too will try the RE050's next, or maybe Toyo T1R.
:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have you ridden in Sizzle's car? How much quieter/smoother would you say the Potenza's are over the Conti's?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Have you ridden in Sizzle's car? How much quieter/smoother would you say the Potenza's are over the Conti's?
Yeah, the Conti's feel like a hard compound in comparison -- you hear a lot of road noise, and can actually feel the roughness. The Potenza's were more like stock Dunlops.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've been running Nitto INVOs (in a 19") since I swapped wheels and ran Nitto NT555 on my FX35 for a long time, I've always been pleased with the balance between performance and comfort across the Nitto tires.

(I'll probably post a review of the INVOs in the next week or two)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You guys are lucky with your weather. If we fit T1Rs on our cars, then 200 days a year we have to 'tiptoe' around because the road is wet! Grrrr :mad:

...I'm going to 'splash-out' on some track day rims and tyres after my next big sales-win and then will have a set I can use on the track and 'pop' on in the good weather for a good 'blast' around the country lanes! That is, safely within the speed limits of course ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts