Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok now not sure if anyone is going to know this or not, but the S8 comes with 20 inch Forged (yes they are forged) RS4 style wheels which weigh in at only 12kg which is light for a 20 x 9 wheel compared to the S5 19" at 18kg a wheel.

What I want to know is are these different from the wheels offered as an option on the S5. What I mean is are the optional wheels on the S5 normal or are they also forged.

The way to tell from looking is that the S8 RS wheels have a polished steel look on the face and dark grey for the rest of the wheel as shown in the picture attached. Its hard to tell from the pick but if you notice only the face of the wheel has a polished look, the insides of the spokes and inner wheel are grey.

Can any S5 owners who have the RS wheel option check to see what they're wheels look like and also if the could take a close up pick of the wheel and post it on this thread please.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually think i've answered my own question now, after looking at the pics of the cars with the RS4 wheels on this thread: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/s5-20-rs4s-811/index.html?t=811

It's obvious that the optional wheels for the S5 are not the forged S8 wheels.

So might get the S8 wheels then, only because they're forged, bigger and lighter than the stock S5 wheels. Depends on the price though ;)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to update on this I got in touch with RSquattro.com the place where I first seen this wheels and asked a few questions here is the response:

I can get them at 2500 EUR+50EUR (center caps) + 100 EUR(for the center mod) = 2650 EUR. Shipping costs, to Scotland I would need to verify (need your postal code for that), but expect around 180-200 EUR as a best guess.

So I can get them delivered to you for 2850 EUR (need to verify the shipping costs for final quote).

Lead-time: count on three weeks max delivered to you from the day I get the money. Nevertheless one important thing is that I was told that I will not be able to do this with the factory for long, so if you are interested. I will need to know pretty urgently. If having all the money in one shot is an issue. I could get half of it, so I can make sure I get the wheels, then we can wait a little for you to transfer the other half. Once I have the wheels, I don’t mind waiting a bit.

These wheels coming out direct from factory, this is not authorized by AUDI (of course they loose money), hence I cannot make an official invoice (logical). For the payment, simply handled by a bank transfer to my personal bank account.

Other info:

On the audi S5 on the pictures we placed 20mm spacers on both front and rear. I attach a picture of the spacers models from HR (called DRA) we used which I call double nut system. Basically in your spacer kit you have a set of nuts that are used to fix the spacers on your car, and then you use your OEM nuts to fit the wheels on the spacer. As you will see the spacers are really the best there is. Not the slightest vibrations when driving (which is not the case with standard spacers with longer nuts). By the way no need to do anything to the centers, since they come with the right size in 66.5mm, so no need to have centric rings of any sort. If fits as is. Its OEM quality !

It’s true though that you could use 25mm spacers for the rear, there is some more space available (that’s a subjective choice). I would recommend you to buy the spacers locally so you can have them maybe cheaper than from me (if not count on 250 EUR for two sets). But I can of course tell you the exact HR references you might want to order… I am there to help out and find the best deal for you.

Last thing is concerning TPMS. These wheels being AUDI wheels, they are designed to get AUDI TPMS systems. For my personal RS4 V8, I have invested in 4 monitors + valves and you just need to tell your car from the on board System (so you can do it yourself) that you are changing tires.
Now it’s up to you to re-use the ones in your current wheels of buy new ones or simply do not place any.

Hope I answered everything you wanted to know and am at your disposal…. But you got yourself a very good deal for sure buying these wheels. My S5 customer currently driving with them is really happy.

·
Registered
356 Posts
There is one questions important.

How high or low is the offset of the wheels.?

like you say you used 20mm spacers for it, that mean in my book the offset is close to 45.

Jarod.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Plus tyres too Saj? :eek:

Thats gonna get quite expensive? :O

·
Registered
356 Posts
"Off Topic"

AidenL.

I like your sig pic but the rear window would look better if the green in it was white.

Jarod.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
"Just transfer the money to my personal bank account"

:eek:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Just transfer the money to my personal bank account"

:eek:
Yeh, that put me off straight away. I have found the same design forged by a tuning house called OC.T.

I've e-mailed them and awaiting details.

Aiden, it's because they're forged. All forged wheels are expensive, and yeh tyres will set me back a grand too, which is why i'm not in a hurry to do it yet. Most likely it will be exhaust first.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeh, that put me off straight away. I have found the same design forged by a tuning house called OC.T.

I've e-mailed them and awaiting details.

Aiden, it's because they're forged. All forged wheels are expensive, and yeh tyres will set me back a grand too, which is why i'm not in a hurry to do it yet. Most likely it will be exhaust first.
I like the RS4 style, have them on the TT in 19"s, and love the style :)

Light is good for sure, but its a LOT of dosh ! :eek:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ Saj

Hi, are these the same wheels? I'm thinking of changing but agree with most that the stock wheels are best but fancy larger lighter wheels that don't look to 'stateside'.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Gen...oryZ9888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

Dan
Yes they are the same wheels, however they won't fit on the A5/S5 as the hub size is different, that is why the guy from RSquattro has the hub size made correctly at the factory before they are sent out.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Yes they are the same wheels, however they won't fit on the A5/S5 as the hub size is different, that is why the guy from RSquattro has the hub size made correctly at the factory before they are sent out.
AFAIK, the PCD for the A5 is 5x112, like most AUDIs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts