Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that audi are offering 20' alloy wheels upgrade on the s5 for £1100, i have added this as an option.

The problem is i have only seen images on the audi website, and have not seen how they would actually look on the s5. I think these alloys are the same style as the 7 spoke alloys on the RS4.

Does anyone own a S5 with this rims, or does anyone have any pictures?

Opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There was a picture on here a while back - they are indeed the RS4 rim, but in 20". I seem to remember reading that they're the same as the Q7 20" rim as well.

T

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
I think they look great, but 20's will really comprimise the ride ( especially if you intend to lower it too).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats another thing im slightly worried about. Got a feeling i may feel every single bump on the road with those wheels :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
phantom black with 20inch alloys

i optioned the 20 inch rS-4 type wheels on my S5.

I ran around for a couple of months with the standard 19 inch wheels, i cant say i have noticed any real difference in the ride apart from the steering which feels a lot sharper with the 20 inch rims.

the 20 inch wheels are slightly wider, 0.5 inches, and seem to fit within the arches as they should have done originally, another marketing ploy by audi, although BMW started this caper with the M3.

the wheels look awsome on the black car! and are shod with 265/30/20 Michelin pilots instead of the naff dunlops on the smaller rims.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW!... I should be seeing them in the flesh end of this week. If the Grey Pearl colour looks good on the car, then i will pull the trigger and buy the car. Otherwise i will order phantom black and just wait 14 weeks :(

The wheels definatley look great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Latest european car mag had a nice write up "Audi Nation" which featured a bit pimped-up S5. The wheels are maybe a bit too busy (perhaps when I compare them the OEM rims) but the overall look is thumbs up. The rig is lowered on H&R springs, has new front calipers and rotors and rear rotors, euro front lamps, DPE S-10 9x20 rims with Nitto rubbers. The custom intake and exhaust is manufactured by MadAudi; the exhaust sounds like "a cross between a big-block Ferrari and a Formula One car" per Euro car mag. The pix in the mag are great (including the rear cover Nitto advert).
MadAudi has just a few

BTW, This seems to be a meteor gray - great color!!! Glad I picked this one ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
FYI, that's forum member Quattrings' car. And yes, it's Meteor Gray.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quadimodo -

Where did you get the pic of that S5 with the 20" wheels?

The paint looks amazing! Never seen that shade of red before.

And from the looks of it, the interior is a special custom two tone as well.

Do you have details and more pics?

Thanks,

GTL

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Quadimodo -

Where did you get the pic of that S5 with the 20" wheels?
It's an edited photo from a pic taken off the Audi UK used car site. You can see the original pic here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I did not see the 20" wheel option on the 2009 order guide for the U.S. Any ideas if this will be an option for the S5 in 2009 state side?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts