Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a confirmed delivery date yet for this model? Just been speaking to my dealer and he is saying that although it can be ordered, the earliest delivery date is Jan 2009!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm expecting mine by the end of the month; however, if you order now I am told that delivery is Dec08/Jan09. I was very lucky as I ordered a 1.8T back in February and had the opportunity to change my order on the day that the 2.0TFSi was announced (incidently on this site several hours before the dealership knew anything about it!). I think that my car will be one of the first of this spec in the country so am looking forward to writing a review of sorts:)

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm going to sound all negative/jealous now but Audi don't have a great track record with introducing the A5 range.

As I recall the first A5 1.8TFSI cars were due in Oct 2007 but this then got delayed until Feb 2008. I think the 2.7TDI suffered a similar situation and some owners suffered an even more protracted delay as production seemed to be rather stop/start.

The demand for the 2.0TFSI engines is, I predict, going to be huge particularly from the company car drivers where to date there hasn't really been a solid company car offering (even the 1.8TFSI spits out 169g/km which makes it very unattractive compared to the BMW 320i and 320d). I just hope Audi have got their act together ... actually being very selfish, I hope they haven't because I still enjoy the attention my A5 gets and although numbers are increasing they're still not exactly common.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I did the same as G8OFA. I had ordered a 1.8 then found this forum and a week later changed my order to 2.0 TFSI quattro, having informed the dealer that it was available to order. I have been given a build week 31, confirmed as far as I can tell with delivery hopefully on 1st September.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ordered the 2.0TFSI Last saturday and was told January delivery. A long wait ahead and by the sound of it i should not get too excited for January!!!!
Will update when i get confirmation of my build week:)
G

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mines coming at the end of December. Mind you its the multitronic version, of which I think production a bit later than manual.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the 211Bhp version is expected off the production lines in August and the 180Bhp version in January

·
Registered
26 Posts
Changed my order from a 1.8T to 2.0T(211) on 11/7/2008 and given build week 45, expected delivery Dec 2008. Got to say, after fiasco with 1.8T order, I'll believe it when I actually get the car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm expecting mine by the end of the month; however, if you order now I am told that delivery is Dec08/Jan09. I was very lucky as I ordered a 1.8T back in February and had the opportunity to change my order on the day that the 2.0TFSi was announced (incidently on this site several hours before the dealership knew anything about it!). I think that my car will be one of the first of this spec in the country so am looking forward to writing a review of sorts:)
Hi, Any further news on when your car wil be ready? will be interesting to find out what the new engine is like

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi, Any further news on when your car wil be ready? will be interesting to find out what the new engine is like
Latest news is that it is built and awaiting shipment to Sheerness. Hope to see it before the end of the month:). Will keep you all posted with first impressions; hopefully soon!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yours will be on the same boat as mine then:D
I'm going to see mine as well.
What a sad bunch we are!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
See it on my drive way that is, or are the dealership being overly optimistic:confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm going to see mine at the dealership as it will be with them way before the 1st september and I NEED to see it!:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sad at all. It would be a bit disturbing having shelled out so much moola if we were not excited about seeing our new cars:D. I still have no news from the dealership and am getting quite anxious as the end of the month approaches. OK I admit it we are sad:eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi folks,

This is my first post, so apologies if I get the protocols wrong.

First a bit of background. After my teenage children told me that I looked like a sad old git in my Mazda RX8 I ordered an A5 1.8 TFSI on 20 March. I thought the car looked great and I found the performance OK (if less nimble and responsive than the Mazda) after a test drive.

I was less than impressed at the prospect of an October delivery date but took some comfort from the sales staff who said this should come forward to late summer.

This looked increasingly unlikely as time went by so when I learnt of the new 2.0 TFSI (from this website) I was impressed by the extra 40 BHP, better fuel economy and lower CO2 for around an extra £2 grand. But what swung it for me was the prospect of delivery in mid-summer.

I changed my order to the 2.0 TFSI on 2 June and was told build would be in week 27 with delivery likely by the end of July. This looked promising until the last few days. I've been told my car has been built but that shipping has been delayed because of a hailstorm (yes, really) that's affected a huge number of VAG cars due to be shipped around the world (Google Audi hailstorm for the grim details).

So it now looks like those of us who were expecting the first UK 2.0 TFSIs before the end of July may have to wait a it longer.......

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hi moneta,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your delayed delivery. It seems several members on here have been experiencing delays for various reasons. Regarding the hailstorm, it's actually been discussed in this forum. (See more details here.) It's quite unfortunate, especially when you consider how long some folks have already been waiting to take delivery of their cars. Good luck getting yours delivered soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks. I'm just back from two weeks holiday in France so I hadn't picked up on the hailstorm story before. The key point though is that until the last few days I was being told I'd have the car before the end of July. I'm now being advised that although my car was not affected by the hail, the shipping schedules have been disrupted because of the fallout from the storm. I get the impression that the dealers aren't really clear what's happening. And so our agony continues..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've just been told that my car is on the ship over to the UK and to expect delivery next weekend or early following week:D:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
i've had confirmation from dealer that mine goes into production soon and will be with me w/c 8th September - cant wait! I also changed my 1.8 order to the 2.0 when i found out about it on here.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i've had confirmation from dealer that mine goes into production soon and will be with me w/c 8th September - cant wait! I also changed my 1.8 order to the 2.0 when i found out about it on here.
Macca,

I take it thats for the 211bhp? Yours should be one fo the first. 180bhp's not available until January.

Glenn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts