Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few others have the 2.0TFSI ( 211ps ). What sort of milage are you getting guys ? I am currently getting about 27 mpg in mixed driving. I wouldn't consider myself especially heavy with the right foot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm still running mine in (700 mile down, 300 to go!). Drove to Cheltenham yesterday (it was hard keeping it under 4,000 revs!!) but managed 36.7 ave mpg (mostly at 80 mph at about 2,300 revs) over the 260 mile round trip. Around town I'm currently getting between 28 - 32 mpg with a light foot. Impressed!

Whilst posting (and lifted from my response to another thread), I have rarely seen other A5s on the road, but saw 6 yesterday on the M4/5 (five black and one silver), and at one point I had a black 3.0 TDi in front of me and another a few cars behind! I felt like an Audi delivery driver.

Whilst driving home this evening another black A5 came the in opposite direction (North Camp, Hants) and as we closed he waved at me - never experienced this in my BMW, only ever do this in my 1958 Triumph TR3A (which if you look closely you can see it in the reflection of the not so highly polished rear bumper!) with like minded owners of all marques, even MGs! So sorry if it was you and I didn’t wave back, but you caught me by surprise.

I've added a couple photos of my new toy!

Cheers
Addy

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Never mind the pics of the A5, lets have some of the Triumph!! I love 'em!! My first car was a 1970 Herald 13/60 convertible :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
We have always found that Quattro reduces MPG significantly with the old 2003 on 2.0TFsi motor, have had 3 now. Typical average A3 2.0TFsi Quattro was 27/28, and A4 SLine special 220bhp (06 reg) was about 5mpg better.

Decided to bite the bullet and by a diseasel 3.0Tdi Quattro A5, it is awesome, doesn't sound like a diesel, and I am getiing well over 40mpg (current mileage 552 miles!)
Hope you enjoy the motor!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
A man of a true discerning taste, so here you go Booster.........:cool:

Cheers
Addy
Wowzer!!! :eek::D

That is beautiful! Looks concours condition! EDIT: It must be, I just noticed the trophy!

Re mpg on the 2.0T, I had a 2.0T Quattro A3 and found the mpg to be the same as RGBArgee and I too bit the bullet and went diesel for the first time. I don't think I am ever having a petrol manual car ever again!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yesterday i did a 250mile trip in my 2.0TFSI 180. The car has now got 730miles on the clock and it feels better every trip.......its improving as it beds in.

I'm still keeping things steady (cruise on most of the way yesterday @70MPH ish - with no jams!!!!!) and achieved 44.1MPG. There was a few times where I accelerated reatively hard and 60mph - 85mph was completely effortless.

According to the published figures the 180 and 211 should have similar economies. Am i right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Booster

Wowzer!!! :eek: :D That is beautiful! Looks concours condition! EDIT: It must be, I just noticed the trophy!=QUOTE]

Thanks Booster

No, it's not concours (but it is a nice used example) as I like to use my cars as they were intended (concours cars leave me cold - what a waste, in most cases) - testimony to that is being caught in thunder storms on the way down to Classic Le Mans in 2006, 2008 and also driving through Tewksbury during the floods on 2007, and lots of times before, since and probably in the future!

Mind you, it does make for high cleaning maintenance!

Here's a photo of the 'interesting' end and not an ECU or plastic shroud in sight (!!) :D and also on the LM 08 outward journey at Dover Docks, getting just a little bit wet!

Cheers
Addy

PS, the trophy was for 'Best Sidescreen TR' at the TR Drivers International 2007 in the rain! :) - but not concours.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good to hear that she gets used!!

No point having it if you aren't going to drive it and no one else would be able to look on in admiration :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Good to hear that she gets used!!

No point having it if you aren't going to drive it and no one else would be able to look on in admiration :D
Many of us have an old friend as well as an A/S5 . I may have attached ours!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Me too... Although I am still waiting for my A5 so this is getting quite a bit of use at the moment.

Maybe worth starting a "what else have you got in your garage" thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got 2.0 210bhp and done about 1800 miles now and averaged just over 27mpg over the period, although on recent journey (180 miles) i achieved 34mpg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just clocked 5,000 miles in my 2.0 TFSI (211ps) FWD. An average round trip to work and back is 120 miles with 80 of those on the motorway. Fuel economy had started to creep up to 36mpg ave but i've recently started filling up with 99RON and noticed a drop off to around 30 - 31 mpg. Could be my right foot has got heavier... Anyone else played around with fuel grades?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Me too... Although I am still waiting for my A5 so this is getting quite a bit of use at the moment.

Maybe worth starting a "what else have you got in your garage" thread.

I think someone has.

Nice Integrale. Are the pedals on the left as well as the wheel?:D:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I was feeling really docile, I could get up to 40mpg on my route to work with my old A4 2.0tfsi (220bhp). The route is 33 miles, 3 miles town, 7 miles A roads and 23 miles motorway (at 80mph). With my 211, I tried it this morning and got 37.3mpg.

Before anyone thinks I'm a big girls blouse, the mpg for my favourite road is normally about 18mpg.

My old friend is attached!

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I was feeling really docile, I could get up to 40mpg on my route to work with my old A4 2.0tfsi (220bhp). The route is 33 miles, 3 miles town, 7 miles A roads and 23 miles motorway (at 80mph). With my 211, I tried it this morning and got 37.3mpg.

Before anyone thinks I'm a big girls blouse, the mpg for my favourite road is normally about 18mpg.

My old friend is attached!
Gnasher, is your A5 quattro or FWD. I can get nowhere near those figures even driving like a pussy ! I'm now averaging about 28 mpg over a similarly mixed route.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gnasher, is your A5 quattro or FWD. I can get nowhere near those figures even driving like a pussy ! I'm now averaging about 28 mpg over a similarly mixed route.
Mine is FWD.

Since getting my last car, I never once zero'd the total average mpg and when it left it was showing 36.7mpg with 51,000m. What that was exactly, taking out the in-built 'over optimism factor', I don't know.

It is something I will watch carefully as time goes on with 'Barack' (that's the name of my A5, I've never had a black car before :eek:). I will look later on today and give mileage and mpg to date.

I am quite good (even if I say so myself :D) at extracting good mpg through good anticipation of traffic movement and reading the road. I always follow Ohms Law of Electricity when driving. It gets quite addictive!

Unless of course I am faced with a nice and challenging A or B road, then mpg is but a distant worry!

·
Registered
13 Posts
870 miles - 31.3mpg

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
A5 2.0 tfsi (211) Sport - extras? 19" Y-spokes and paint only.

Don't they come with paint?.... seriously what colour paint did you go for? ;>)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Phantom Black!

Like I said........extras?

I am grateful to have an A5, it took quite a bit of hunting within a small timeframe. I am only upset that I didn't manage to get Cruise and heated seats. Otherwise..........very pleased overall.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts