Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly hello to all, this is my first post on here. Been a member on other forums so know how frustrating it is to see the same questions come up again and again but can't find any mention of this.

I've read about a start/stop system on the 2.0 tfsi engine in the A5 cabriolet. I assume this should be the same as the coupe but haven't seen any mention of this before. Does anyone know if there is such a thing? I am guessing it is supposed to be similar to the BMW system?

The two-litre TFSI multitronic petrol meanwhile is not far behind even with its auto 'box. It returns 38mpg and emits 174g/km of CO2 whereas the manual with stop/start returns 42mpg while emitting 159g/km,

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Where are you based? Can you update your profile please.

I am not aware of Stop Start on 2.0Fsi in UK. I have experienced in Mini and BMW and absolutely hate it! Hope it doesn't appear on Audis in the UK!:no:

Cheers

RG:moped:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UK, thought i had done that bit! Article was on Channel 4 reviews.
I'm sure it's an error.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's not on my car which is an 09 MY.

I have experienced it on a BMW. It was a bit weird and took some getting used to but anything that saves fuel and reduces CO2 emissions has to be a good thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.