Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Despite the best efforts of the dealership to remove the grin from my face by trying to charge me £3K above the agreed price, supplying me the A4 handbook in German to boot and forgetting to order the storage pack (are all audi salespeople P****s?) they failed:D. The car is absolutely brilliant.
First impressions are that the engine is superb even though it is still very tight. One can sense the urgency of it already and the power at low revs is quite amazing for a straight 4. It feels more like a V6 and seems to combine the best of diesel with the best of petrol.
The suspension is a big improvenment over my previous A4 sport. It is still taught but handles the bumps in a much more civilized way. The steering is very light on low speed cornering, but I am getting used to it already. There is plenty of grip on the 18"ers with Michelin Sports.
As for the B & O. It's just like being in a concert hall. Tried it out on Mahler 1 - amazing dynamic range and very precise sound stage. Blows my home system away and that cost a lot more than the B & O.
Just have to find a surgeon now to remove my perma-grin:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
You won't removethat grin for a long time if you ask me.... Still slile every time i drive off in mine :D

Glad your enjoying it ........ deano

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Despite the best efforts of the dealership to remove the grin from my face by trying to charge me £3K above the agreed price,

Why were they trying to charge you more??
Because they could not add up correctly and the price had increased since I ordered (although not that much).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pictures? :D If you do, could you also take a picture of the engine compartment?
Here you are. I will add some more pictures later

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats on the arrival! Looks very promising, mate! Your comprehensive full review once the thing loosens up and you put some weight on the right pedal is what we are really looking forward to!
Regards
George

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
beautiful colour combination...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats on this beauty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Macca77

I can confirm the new 2.0 TFSI does not come with the chrome tips. These are a £55 dealer fit option. I persuaded my dealer to include them in the deal - but I'd have paid for them even if he hadn't as they look so much better than the raw exhaust finish.

Hi G80FA

I agree the car's brilliant and will post my own reflections in the "1st 2.0 TFSI in Ireland" thread in a few days when I've clocked up a few more miles. Health to drive......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts