Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I am itching to order an A5 and really would prefer to have a 2.0TQ with tiptronic if possible. Apart from the picture of the red one in America does anyone have any info as to when this might be released in the UK? My dealer says that it won't happen as they have the 1.8T but other models in the Audi range have the 1.8T and the 2.0T so why not the A5?

If its not going to happen i will order a 3.0TDi tip but this will cut back the amount of goodies I can add to the car due to the price and also i don't really need diesel as I only do around 14k miles p.a.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome Booster,

I havnt heard anything since the test one they did, which you talk about. If you look at the Audi model range none of the newly released models have the 2.0TFSI yet. Those models being the A4 and A5.
They will bring out the 2.0TFSI eventually, but as with all Audi releases they have very limited engine range upon first release and slowly bring out new versions throughout the lifecycle of the version to keep them selling. I wouldnt expect to see the 2.0 untill next summer or later, but thats just my guess.

Whats wrong with the 1.8 anyway? then you can have all the goodies you want :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I really wanted quattro as all my Audis have been quattro. What is the 1.8T like day to day? I have only had a test drive of a 2.7TDi which I was very impressed with but didn't like the way it struggled to get traction when pulling off.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the links to the reviews.
Aggghhhh!! What to do for the best?? Sit and wait or go diesel?? 1.8T is out as I want tiptronic.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I would say look for an Ex Demo 3.0TDI but the tiptronics have just become available to order in the UK i think.

Its a no brainer for me, 3.0TDI tiptronic :)

Just dont go over to BMW :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry, I'm going no-where near BMW!!
It has to be new as its a company car. Got a £40k budget but with my chosen spec on the 3.0Tdi its coming out at quite a bit more than this....I'm working on two dealers for discount though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was told from a local dealer that we should start seeing the 2.0 diesel on the roads by September. He told me when they were going into production but i cant remember (July i think)

Im in the same boat. Was set on the 1.8 but want to check out the diesel before i make a final decision

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is an option the 2.0TDI, but it lacks tiptronic and quattro which Booster wants i think. But we havnt had an official press release of it yet so cant really tell for sure when/what it is coming.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The latest Uk A5 spec shows that multitronic is now available on the 1.8T at an additional cost of £1450

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/new-uk-a5-2147/index.html

I was under the impression that multitronic was "better" than tiptronic. Please don't ask me to justify this but when I was ordering my current car the view I was given by many people was DSG > Multitronic > Tiptronic with DSG being the best.

Last week I was reading an article about the 2.0TFSI but this was focussed on the A4. I'll try and find it but I seem to recall there would be two variants, one at 177PS and one at 208PS, the first of which was forecast for the back end of this year. For the life of me I can't work out why Audi would release a 2.0T with a power output so close to that of the 1.8T unit. There was no mention of either engine coming to the A5.

Found the article which actually relates to the A4 Avant.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/220002/audi_a4_avant.html

·
Registered
88 Posts
Since you're talking about 1.8T, I guess you're not in North America... I don't know your location, but the 2.0T is not an engine option in the 2009 USA Audi Guide.

The B8 A4, however, will be offered both in 2.0T and 3.2 configurations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.