Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes:Ok maybe not an issue worth an entire thread but I thought I would take the plunge myself and start my first.
So, anyone knows whether the new petrol, 4cylinder variants will have a split exhaust or a dual on one side?

Cheers
George

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
:rolleyes:Ok maybe not an issue worth an entire thread but I thought I would take the plunge myself and start my first.
So, anyone knows whether the new petrol, 4cylinder variants will have a split exhaust or a dual on one side?

Cheers
George
Very contradicting information even from Audi themselves and country organizations. I guess we'll need to wait for production vehicles to start pouring into showrooms. There may also be differences (historically there has been cases of this) between different e.g. front and four wheel drive models in exhaust type.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Twin exhausts on one side. Only the V6 engines come with what you refer to as split exhaust.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Twin exhausts on one side. Only the V6 engines come with what you refer to as split exhaust.
I would agree most information points to this, but for example Audi.de konfigurator (when they still had 1.8T there too to compare) and some customer service info from Audi shows/speaks of dual exhausts on opposite sides for 2.0 TFSI...

·
Registered
147 Posts
OK there may be differences depending on the country. In the UK the latest A5 brochure states clearly that 4 cylinder engines come with dual exhausts on one side. This was not so clear however in earlier versions of the brochure. My guess would be however that this arrangement would apply for all markets, but that is only a guess!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
OK there may be differences depending on the country. In the UK the latest A5 brochure states clearly that 4 cylinder engines come with dual exhausts on one side. This was not so clear however in earlier versions of the brochure. My guess would be however that this arrangement would apply for all markets, but that is only a guess!
Yeah, and the Finnish material clearly says the same. However, this material has been wrong before (namely A4 B7 2.0 TFSI exhaust spec was listed just as that but it was still dual on opposing sides, at least in quattro)... and we have Audi.de konfigurator showing duals on opposite sides and explicit info from Audi Germany customer service posted on motor-talk.de that the exhausts are on opposite sides...

But agree, I would go with dual on left side if I had to wager a guess!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thats the 2.0 on the UK configurator now. It does not show a twin pipe on the near side like the 1.8.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Aye, I noticed that as well Bry.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It also has xenon plus head lights as standard doesn't it despite what the brochure says
Thats interesting, the dealershio are still charging me the extra for the xenons as I swapped from a 1.8 order. Shall have to look into this if there is money to be saved. I would however not trust the configurator for accuracy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you look at the audi uk configurator for the 1.8tfsi you have the option of xenon plus. You don't get that option for the 2.0tfsi and the other v6 cars but it is listed as standard equipment in the your audi summary at the end. The configurator may not be accurate, but would appear you get the better exhaust and lights

·
Registered
636 Posts
I would agree with G8OFA on the accuracy of the configurator. When the 1.8 first appeared on it the picture also showed a single tail pipe on each side.

I would bet that they have stuck it in there with exactly the same menu pattern as the V6s just to get it on the list.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I also notice they have changed 'Hill Hold Assit' to simply 'Hold Assist'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just spoken to an Audi dealer who said Xenons are not standard and the exhausts are both on the same side. I then spoke to Audi customer services who said Xenons ARE standard and there is one exhaust on either side. I called the Audi dealer back - he is going to make further enquiries. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just spoken to an Audi dealer who said Xenons are not standard and the exhausts are both on the same side. I then spoke to Audi customer services who said Xenons ARE standard and there is one exhaust on either side. I called the Audi dealer back - he is going make further enquiries. I'll keep you posted.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I hope AUDI never go into building aircraft:rolleyes:

·
Registered
636 Posts
The 2.0T engine is also available on the A4 as well. The V6 A4s seem to be the same as the A5, with single pipes on each side. However the picture of the 2.0T A4 on the Audi configurator shows near side twin pipes. Wonder which will be right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The latest UK A5 brochure "par.0011.file" (which includes now the 2.0T spec) still states that Xenon plus and DRLs are standard on 6 cylinder and above models only.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There are now information coming from some sources that A4 Avant would actually differ from A4 sedan in 2.0 TFSI exhaust configuration, apparently Avant might have dual on opposing sides and sedan just on the left... what does this say of the A5, who knows.

I'll believe what I see when I see a production car. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
There might be one thing you guys haven't thought of... The 2.0TFSI Quattro.

I'm currently driving an A4 1.8T quattro -06 model, and it has one pipe on each side. From what I've understood this is because it's a quattro. Not sure if that applies for the A5 as well, but thought it was worth mentioning :)

I've placed an order on an A5 1.8T but I'm gonna change that to a 2.0TFSI so I'll definately let you know in November or so :p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.