Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked the car today! It is seriously in another class to what I had before (BMW). Was worried about the acceleration but it feels as quick as my TT especially with the Multitronic gearbox! I only received half a tank of petrol though which was a shock!

·
Registered
388 Posts
congrats on the car mate! this is my first audi after 4 bmw's totally agree different class!!
1.8t sport
BRILL BLK, DRL'S WITH MOD'S STAR SILVER LEATHER,BLUETOOTH,AUTO FOLDING & DIMMING MIRRORS,INTERIOR LIGHT PACK,XENONMATCH FOGS,SHINY CHROME TAIL PIPES,DEBADGED.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi

Congrats on the new car...lucky bugger!

I too have a 2.0 180bhp multitronic on order and was wondering if you notice any lag with the multi tronic from a standing start.

My old A4 multitronic had a slightly noticeable lag when at a junction that you pressed the accelerator, and nothing happend for a fraction of a second.

Difficult to describe...but was curious if they ironed this out in the new box...?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi

Congrats on the new car...lucky bugger!

I too have a 2.0 180bhp multitronic on order and was wondering if you notice any lag with the multi tronic from a standing start.

My old A4 multitronic had a slightly noticeable lag when at a junction that you pressed the accelerator, and nothing happend for a fraction of a second.

Difficult to describe...but was curious if they ironed this out in the new box...?

Thanks in advance
I'm also getting a 2.0T Multitronic. The one I test drove didn't have any noticeable lag but that may have just been my perceptions I guess.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there

No lag at all. Sometimes wheel spin! Not quite used to the FWD. I have done 150 miles so far and I am so chuffed. I have smile on my face every time i drive it. much better than what i expected. I also swear audi have lied about the 180 BHP. It is more like 200BHP. Has anyone else noticed that?
Multitronic is smooth and as good as the DSG in the TT. It is quick.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey there

No lag at all. Sometimes wheel spin! Not quite used to the FWD. I have done 150 miles so far and I am so chuffed. I have smile on my face every time i drive it. much better than what i expected. I also swear audi have lied about the 180 BHP. It is more like 200BHP. Has anyone else noticed that?
Multitronic is smooth and as good as the DSG in the TT. It is quick.
Lovely jubbly...!

You're getting me excited now...!!

Can't wait for mine!!

Thanks for the reply.:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm also getting a 2.0T Multitronic. The one I test drove didn't have any noticeable lag but that may have just been my perceptions I guess.

Did you test drive the 180bhp 2.0litre mate?

If so, anything that stuck in your mind, or were you just grinning from ear to ear...?!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Did you test drive the 180bhp 2.0litre mate?

If so, anything that stuck in your mind, or were you just grinning from ear to ear...?!!
It was the 1.8T multi in all fairness as the 2.0T multi hadn't actually been released at the time.

It was lovely though mate. The acceleration was much better than I was expecting and there really was no noticeable lag between pedal down and acceleration. It's why when I got back into the dealership I put the deposit down on a 2.0 straight away.

·
Registered
298 Posts
imers....cograts on the car....get some pics posted

I've clocked 1000 miles today in the manual 180ps 2.0tfsi. My mouth is a bit sore with all the smiling i'm doing:D

As you said the 2.0lt is a flying machine......seems very quick indeed in the manual and sure you auto guys will find the same

G

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all

I just wanted to add my name to the lucky few that have received their 180ps. It arrived this morning so I’ve only done a few miles in it so far, but already have the smile on my face that everyone has been on about! Can’t wait to get a few more miles on there and open it up properly.

The car has come with a couple of very minor scratches in paint work, but the dealer is already on to it and is going to fix it at the weekend. I guess that’s the downside of having the brilliant black, it’s going to show every single mark! However, I would recommend to any one getting the non metallic black to pull the car out into the sun light and have a really good luck around it before taking the car home! Saves any arguments at a later date!

For anyone who is waiting, and as Glenn had previously told me, the car arrived two weeks after build date! It came with only 7 miles on the clock so it hasn’t been taken on a long run for its PDI test.

Entertainment wise, plugged an SD card in from the off and that worked perfectly. MP3 text, track & directory selection all on the screen works a treat.

iPhone paired up to the car easily too, although I haven’t got the phone book working as yet. I should imagine that I haven’t enabled something on the phone or something like that!

As soon as I get a few more miles on the clock, I’ll write a bit more about it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats Madmcs, good too see more and more 2.0tfsi members becoming active now, really want to see what the difference is like between brilliant and phantom. Im tempted to switch my GTR order over to the solid black nissan offer after seeing quite a few here in Singapore. Under lights it doesnt look so good though. Anyway glad to see another happy owner :). Enjoy the car mate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You're so lucky - I got confirmation my 2.0 180 is in production (so no idea what that lead time will be!) and cant wait to get it!!! Everyone has had so much positive feedback over it, and I'm gagging to get behind the wheel of mine when it gets here!!!!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Picked the car today! It is seriously in another class to what I had before (BMW). Was worried about the acceleration but it feels as quick as my TT especially with the Multitronic gearbox! I only received half a tank of petrol though which was a shock!
Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Also glad to see so many converts from BMW. Let's hope they start indicating now they are behind the wheel of a proper motor!!!:D:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats..I'm getting mine in February but I'm very anxious to see and feel the acceleration. I chose the manual gearbox and Proline, S-line sports package, B&O, brilliant red...yes Im a attention whore :p

It would be much appreciated if you could upload some videos :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nullz0rz
I don’t have any videos for you, but I can assure you won’t be disappointed with the acceleration.

Although I only have 100 miles on there at the moment, I have let the engine go up to 4000 rpm at quite hard acceleration this morning to overtake someone. The take off is fantastic and comes in a big wave once you get past the 2000rpm stage. Below that, I don't know what other people think but, I would say it’s a little relaxed so to speak. I have however come from a diesel A3 so maybe its just me getting used to the petrol gear ratios again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nullz0rz
I don’t have any videos for you, but I can assure you won’t be disappointed with the acceleration.

Although I only have 100 miles on there at the moment, I have let the engine go up to 4000 rpm at quite hard acceleration this morning to overtake someone. The take off is fantastic and comes in a big wave once you get past the 2000rpm stage. Below that, I don't know what other people think but, I would say it’s a little relaxed so to speak. I have however come from a diesel A3 so maybe its just me getting used to the petrol gear ratios again.
Thank you for answering. Im really seeing forward to it and i cant belive i have to wait for 4 months. I have a friend who is a salesman at our local dealer and he promised me that Im gonna get to drive the v10 R8 that comes next year...arghhhh, need to speed up time....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my 2.0 on friday last week. Brilliant car for the cash, to answer an earlier post the phone book will nt work on the iphone over bluetooth but this is due to a failure of the iPhone to support rSAP (Remote Sim Access) protocol rather than the A5. Test drove the 1.8 and thought it was nippy, the 2.0l is susprisingly quick and I love the B&O stereo upgrade, glad I got the sport version as the seats are fantastic. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.