Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great forum - i'm inches away from hitting the go button and all the information has been really helpful in helping get to this point. Completely addictive, too...

So far, the preferred package is the 2.0 tdi sport with B&O, parking plus, hill hold assist, cruise, audi music interface, interior light package. In deep sea blue with star silver.

I'm struggling to find any reviews for the 2.0 tdi, though - know that it's not officially out yet. I think the same engine is in the new A4? If anyone's seen a review would they mind posting a link??

Cheers

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Great forum - i'm inches away from hitting the go button and all the information has been really helpful in helping get to this point. Completely addictive, too...

So far, the preferred package is the 2.0 tdi sport with B&O, parking plus, hill hold assist, cruise, audi music interface, interior light package. In deep sea blue with star silver.

I'm struggling to find any reviews for the 2.0 tdi, though - know that it's not officially out yet. I think the same engine is in the new A4? If anyone's seen a review would they mind posting a link??

Cheers

Hi.. good luck with the order. Autocar (autocar.co.uk) have run one on their fleet recently, may be worth a search. Chas Hallett the editor is a helpful chap!

Spec sounds good.. Are you going for Valcona Leather? It's so much softer! Also DSB is a nice colour but I'm told is not so good for resale and 'not that popular.. 'Listers Audi' Ali said that not me!

· Registered
552 Posts

Cheers
Given the free upgrade to Sport on the 2.0 TDi models you will be getting a good deal on that particular A5. Also, if you do get a Sport, definitely get the DSB with Star Silver and 19" Y's as this was what I was going to get before the S Line was launched in the UK and it looks amazing!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, glad the car looks good in the flesh! The leather's going to be Valcona - how often are you getting that cleaning cloth out of the glove locker, RGBArgee? Is it liveable?! I've read some of the previous posts on this and know some users have had issues.

Have had a bit of a search and no reviews coming up... yet... will keep searching.

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Thanks both, glad the car looks good in the flesh! The leather's going to be Valcona - how often are you getting that cleaning cloth out of the glove locker, RGBArgee? Is it liveable?! I've read some of the previous posts on this and know some users have had issues.

Have had a bit of a search and no reviews coming up... yet... will keep searching.
Silver is liveable with and a clean with Autoglym leather every week or two is all I do... 2 mins max!.. Amaxing how dirty seats get, tried cleaning my wifes Black A3 leather seats (which looked clean) they were actually quite dirty.:moped: It seems to be only denim that's the problem.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just took delivery of my ice silver 2.0tdi S-line 4 days ago. Looks absolutely amazing. I was a bit unsure about ordering the diesel, particularly as I had only test driven it in the TT, but I do high mileage and felt it would have better residuals. So far I haven't been disappointed. It is a lot more powerful than I expected, and to me seems as quick as the 210hp petrol. In terms of fuel ecomomy I have only been getting 42 mpg so far which is quite a bit down on Audi's quoted combined figure of 53.
I had put off purchasing a new car for ages as I really liked my previous car, a Peugeot 406 coupe. The A5 was the one car at reasonable money that I felt looked as well if not better, and the level of finish is so much superior on the Audi.

· Registered
26 Posts
Skyblue 2000, I'm jealous! You must have one of the very first 2.0TDi's delivered. I was told no chance before March, so you've done well.

Goad me, I would suggest looking for reviews of the A4 and TT TDi, as they share this engine. I've read mainly good things about its smoothness, noise levels and general power and tractability. I've been used to (and very pleased with) a 2.0 TDi in my Golf for three years, and was waiting for this A5 engine/car combo to come out for ages before placing my order. Having said that, the 2.0 petrols are both great engines (I tested both to check suspension settings on the standard vs Sport models), but the CO2 and economy matter enough to swing it in diesel's favour for me.

Good luck with the order, sounds v nice

· Registered
35 Posts
My 2.0 TDi is sitting in the dealership now.... I so want to get it, but he keeping it till Monday so I get an 09 plate. I ordered mine on the 14 January and it arrived Friday at the dealers. Had to go and stare at it for a bit......

· Registered
26 Posts
Mine is sat at Watford Audi awaiting delivery. I wont be getting it until 17th March due to the "cooling off period" in the finance agreement. Doh! :wall:
They don't listen when I tell them I WONT BE CHANGING MY MIND! I know they have rules to follow, but that pales into insignificance when I know my new motor is tantalisingly close...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.