Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately i've been told by my dealer that production of the A5 "Y" spoke wheels has been ceased until november. Therefore, no cars delivered before then will have these wheels.

It's possibly a production or technical issue... who knows. All I know is i'm not getting my 19" Y spokes :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unfortunately i've been told by my dealer that production of the A5 "Y" spoke wheels has been ceased until november. Therefore, no cars delivered before then will have these wheels.

It's possibly a production or technical issue... who knows. All I know is i'm not getting my 19" Y spokes :(
Hi Rabb ,when did you order your car? and what stage is it at ?my car has been at q stage7,in the factory for 41/2 weeks and i was informed yesterday there could be another delay now of 5 weeks,but as yet nobody as mentioned the y spoke wheel that im expecting,im not at all surprised though,WARRINGTON AUDI the deler with whom i ordered,would not think of making a phone call to inform the customer,after all they have my deposit ,all the same its a dam sham that wheel actualy makes the car,wonder if they can offer another alternative 19" maybe s5 wheel?:mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was told the same thing when I ordered mine. So I ordered the 19" S5 wheels through parts. The next day I was called back by Audi to tell me that the Y wheels were back in supply. I decided to keep my S5 wheels though - coz they looks well smart! :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was told the same thing when I ordered mine. So I ordered the 19" S5 wheels through parts. The next day I was called back by Audi to tell me that the Y wheels were back in supply. I decided to keep my S5 wheels though - coz they looks well smart! :p
smart move spindrift,what did you pay for s5 wheel through parts?;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would also like to know. I am thinking of having a second set done for winter tires. The primary set would be black chromed to darken them just a bit but still have some pop from the reflection.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car will be deliver on september 1st.

The funny thing is, the demonstrators have the 19" Y spoke wheels, which look absolutely lovely... like a dark shaddow polished face. Nothing like the photos!

Apparently any cars which will be delivered from november onwards will have the Y spokes if they were ordered initially.

The dealer told me that if i wanted them, then i'd have to hold the delivery of the car off until november! Because the PDI would have to be done on the car with those wheels on it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts