Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys biiit of a dilemma on my hands here i got the standard 18's on my order right now, reason being i get the car basically in the middle of winter so i didn't want 19's with performance tires blah blah which i do plan to get the following spring seperately, annnyways are the 18's going to be okay in winter conditions as long as i put a good winter tire on them?? or would getting an aftermarket smaller wheel with winter rubber be a significant difference and get the smaller wheels and just get it ordered with the 19's??? any advice would be appreciated. hope that all makes sense lol Thanks guys.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've got an A5 3.0 TDI quattro with the S-line pack 18" rims and Michelin PS2 245-40/18 tyres since september 2007, and bought and put just before last winter 4 Vredestein Wintrack Xtrem tyres in 245/40-18 W.

The final result has been incredibly good. In fact they peform really well with snow, mud, ice and water on the road, and when it's dry they work really well for being snow tyres...
I took them off in April 2008 and after 12.000 kms they are still with half life to live...

I really recomend those tyres for you because in my opinion they are the best cost/performance relation in the market...
Moreover, If you think about it, these tyres are almost the unique with speed limit "W" (only Pirelly Sottozero and some high performance Michelin Pilot Alpin has that speed limit aswell), being the rest of the winter tyres with H or V speed limit, that makes the performance lower because of their soft edges...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh perfect replies thanks alot guys so i'll just stick to the 18's on the order then when i pick the car up order seperatly the 19's then they get here by spring :D, so the 18's i'll just put a good winter tire on them and they should be fine then??

·
Registered
677 Posts
I run 19" Dunlop WinterSport M3's. They worked really well this past winter. Of course you get a bit more snow so the narrower 18" would be a better choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts