Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I am new to this forum. I have ordered a 2.0 litre 180bhp with December delivery. Been waiting since February for my A5 but cancelled my 1.8 order in July. Has anyone else ordered the 2 litre multitronic? When are your delivery dates?

Imran

· Registered
479 Posts
Welcome Imran!:D

That's a long wait fella!!! You think its bad now, just wait till you get closer to the date!!

I'm sure going cold turkey on smack will get you more sleep at night than waiting for an A5.

Maybe its just me?:rolleyes:

· Registered
552 Posts
Hey everyone

I am new to this forum. I have ordered a 2.0 litre 180bhp with December delivery. Been waiting since February for my A5 but cancelled my 1.8 order in July. Has anyone else ordered the 2 litre multitronic? When are your delivery dates?

Imran
I will be ordering a 180bhp multitronic but don't want it before 1 March 2009 and hoping that the MMI 3G will be available by then as well.

Did you get a good discount? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me waiting for that car is killing me. I am constantly on the forums. Got about a 5% discount, but bought an Audi TT Mk2 from the dealer few months back. Struggled to get anything more. Don t think I can wait for march for the new MMI to come out. Anyone have any news about it? Also, do you think the reversing camera or 'parking advanced' is worth it?

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum Imran.

You must be a very patient man if you've been waiting since Feb, I ordered in the last week of Feb and got my car at the first week of June. Good decision to switch to the 2.0TFSI though, much better engine really. I just wish they had'nt have bothered with the 1.8TFSI. Its slightly frustrating that they had the 1.8TFSI out for like 6month before announcing the 2.0TFSI, and then scraping the 1.8TFSI completely to top it off. Rant over :D

Regarding the new MMI i dout it will be released in the A5 by march. Its coming out in the Q5 first i thought, and is that even out yet? Im going to have a guess at May/June `09 orders, for 2010 models.

· Registered
479 Posts
Also, do you think the reversing camera or 'parking advanced' is worth it?
I have ordered it but only because I like me gadgets!!! Will be able to tell you what its like in a fortnight.

· Registered
552 Posts
Regarding the new MMI i dout it will be released in the A5 by march. Its coming out in the Q5 first i thought, and is that even out yet? Im going to have a guess at May/June `09 orders, for 2010 models.
Yeah it's just wishful thinking regarding the new MMI at the moment but I will be ordering NAV so it pains to me to know that a newer/better version is shortly on its way!

For the UK market it was available in the A8 when the press release was issued last month, in the just announced facelifted A6 (but US A6's will not get it until 2010 model year) and the Q5 next month so the rollout so far is quite quick. Hopefully the A5 will be next but when? I've heard that the A5 cab will have it (late this year / early next) so maybe then for the coupe as well.

I have asked a dealer to try and find this out but someone on here will probably find out long before they do. If so please post. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.