Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my 15mm spacers for the car I ordered almost 6 months ago and forgot to buy the extended wheel bolts. I called H&R back and they told me I needed to get the ball seat or taper seat type. I don't have the car or the information I need to make the choice.

Any suggestions?

Oh... part numbers they mentioned were: Ball 1454303 and Taper 1454001

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You will need the "ball seat" wheel bolts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Are they as easy to install as it is to change a tire? I've only put spacers on a yamaha raptor and banshee.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Luckily, with european vehicles the spacers are extremely easy to install because you don't have to change the hub studs. All you have to do is line up the spacer holes between the wheel hub and the rim and use the longer ball seat studs provided by your spacer manufacturer. The longer studs will account for the lost clearance and provide you with enough thread to make sure your wheels are properly secured.

Very simple to do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where did you order your 15mm spacers from? I'm looking to get the same H&R Trak+ Spacers and will need both the spacer and the bolts. I'm in the U.S. and would need to know of a retailer from the states...
Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Where did you order your 15mm spacers from? I'm looking to get the same H&R Trak+ Spacers and will need both the spacer and the bolts. I'm in the U.S. and would need to know of a retailer from the states...
Thanks
Two reputable places to order H&R spacers from are:

1. Pure Motorsport

2. MadAudi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm confused as I don't have the car yet. I ordered the DR series 15m each with out bolts. I'm assuming I only need to order new longer ball seat wheel bolts.

What length?

What about the DRA series spacer? I'm assuming those are for >20mm spacers for each wheel?

I can't wait to get this car already!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
With 15mm spacers, you'll want to get ball seat wheel bolts in a 43mm length.

Regarding the H&R DRA Series spacers, your assumption is correct. Those are for applications where you want a 20-30mm spacer per wheel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks guys... that helps out a lot. Just got my S5 two days ago and I love driving it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts