Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock suspension height. What would look best do you think, and what would be pros/cons if any? Or, does it make a difference?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the same question...I ended up ordering 15mm front and 20mm rear for stock wheels and height...hopefully they will arrive in the next few days and I can get some pictures up. There are pictures of this setup from another user on audiworld.com, just search for custom wheel spacers in the S5 forum.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I run 20MM/25MM (F/R) on my S5 that is lowered 1" via H&R springs. Looks very mean (IMHO) with this spacer set-up although I do get a little rub in the rear :)D) over big bumps (not sure if this would also be the case with a stock ride height).

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My sig has my settings. I still graze the ground occassionally but not as bad since I went to coilovers. It was a lot worse with the H&R Springs.

·
Registered
493 Posts
May be a stupid question but is it possible that the spacers cause negative effect on the Audi Drive Select or have some other problems?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If you have drive select you should forget about playing with the spacers and ride height. No-one has been brave enough to try it yet so you would be a pioneer. Gut feeling is that it would play the drive select up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
hm.. spacers are a cool mod but i prefer to keep it stock instead of ruining something :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've put the OE H&R springs on an 09 S5 with drive select. No issues. Its been almost a month.

Having an issue with spacers causing vibrations in the front on a non-drive select S5 though.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I've put the OE H&R springs on an 09 S5 with drive select. No issues. Its been almost a month.

Having an issue with spacers causing vibrations in the front on a non-drive select S5 though.
Based upon your post, I inferred that you're not the owner/driver of either of those cars, but rather the installer of the aftermarket components. Is that correct?

I'd be curious to know if there was any noticeable differences in ride quality after installing the H&R springs on the S5 with Drive Select.

Oh yeah, please update your profile to reflect your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm looking to put the spacers on my A5 3.2 with the 19" Y rims dose anyone have pics of there car with the spacers in and off with stock rims or only after market??? or dose anyone think the spacers will look stupid with those rims.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm looking to put the spacers on my A5 3.2 with the 19" Y rims dose anyone have pics of there car with the spacers in and off with stock rims or only after market??? or dose anyone think the spacers will look stupid with those rims.
Check out this thread with pics of 15mm spacers on the 19" Y-design wheels. It is a nice improvement over the stock setup.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks they look real nice... I think I'm going to put on 15mm on the front and 15mm or 20mm on the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts