Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a S5 Tip on 11/01/07 here in Houston. I was told I was #2 at the dealership for a Tip. I first got delayed due to engine shortage or reallocation of parts for EU markets or some other BS. Then my car is built and was involved in that huge hail storm at port in Germany. And now finally on Oct 7, 2008 I picked it up. In those 11 months I almost bought a new M3 coupe, Lexus IS-f, and MB C63 however I am glad I did not. The car is exactly what I had hoped for even though it is for my "wife" ;)

If you see a Black Porsche Cayman S at Momentum Audi it was mine :(
She will be missed as will driving a manual daily.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats utmiken! Get some pics up for crying out loud! You have had it for over a week now...:D:D

I ordered mine on the same date and got it on 4 October...probably on the same boat over. Don't know if I could handle getting the car for the wife...which is why I got the 6sp MT...well, not the only reason!:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the wife was nagging since she couldn't drive the last 2 cars I had due to the transmission. When I go cycling I'm forced to take her SUV and end up leaving her stranded if she doesn't come. I tried to teach her but it was a lost cause. Any more lessons and there would be transmission parts up and down my street. So it is....I drive a Lexus RX330 daily now, but I still smile when I open the garage!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Glad to hear the wait is finally over. Congratulations!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Yeah the wife was nagging since she couldn't drive the last 2 cars I had due to the transmission. When I go cycling I'm forced to take her SUV and end up leaving her stranded if she doesn't come. I tried to teach her but it was a lost cause. Any more lessons and there would be transmission parts up and down my street. So it is....I drive a Lexus RX330 daily now, but I still smile when I open the garage!
Great news, hope you enjoy it. Why don't you ditch the Lexus too and get another Audi. ( I never was a fan of Toyotas!!:D )

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
57 Posts
11 months is cruel and unusual punishment. 3 months felt like three years for me. Congrats, and what are the specs on your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
500 miles so far so good. Ipod integration is great and seemless

2009 S5 Tiptronic
Ibis White/Tuscan
Tech
B&O
Music interface
Carbon Atlas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad you didn't have to settle for that MB C63;) I've had the car 2 days now and I don't want to get out of it. Glad the wait is finally over, have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts