Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has had it a week and already it's gone back to the dealer...
MMI module in bust.... anything related to the screen does not work at all.
just stopped working.
NOT HAPPY, sent the car in on Wed, wont get it back until maybe Tue or Wed.
They said there are no modules in circulation so they are making one!! yeah right!!
A mate of mine has the A5 tdi, and his has had so many electrical issues.... been back 5 times in 6 months...
seats wont work, lights dont work... etc etc..
anyone else had an issues here in the uk?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I think there's only been one report regarding a screen not working. Apart from that, it doesn't seem to be a common issue.

Albeit, a month or so after I received my car, there was one day where nothing came from the speakers apart from a loud fuzzing noise - it seems to have fixed itself though. No problems since then.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
They said there are no modules in circulation so they are making one!! yeah right!!
Actually, there may be some validity to that statement. I say this because I was told the same thing recently regarding a gasket part needed for my car. (I'm not going to go into details about my car's issue right now as I'll be posting a lengthy write-up of my rant later this weekend.) Apparently, because this car is a brand new model and Audi are trying to keep up with the demand in the factory, there are NO spare parts available. My service tech told me that there are no spare parts for this car and that Audi are essentially producing the parts as the cars are being produced. So, if you heard that same thing in the UK and I also heard it here in the States, then I think it's safe to assume that is exactly what's going on. It's rather dumfounding if you ask me. I'm quite disappointed with Audi right now (but more on that later this weekend when I have time to write).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good morning all, I thought I'd respond to the original post with a suggestion that MIGHT (prob won't but worth a try) work. If you reset the MMI, it might come back up; however, if it's truly a module your down until Audi can get a new one. To reset it, Hold down the "set-up", control nob, and upper right corner by the control nob all at the same time (if confused, it's in your MMI owners manual with a pic).

On the bright side, I had a module go out due to a tint job which made everything on MMI go bad as well...car went to Audi and within a week, it was back and working like a champ. I'm surprised it's taking so long for you to get a replacement part. I'm in California and received mine quick.

Best of luck....sorry to hear about your Audi problem

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ahh this reminds me of an interesting quirk I had on an A5 that was sent to me for a test drive. If the car had been switched off for a few hours, and I then turned it on, none of the MMI stuff would work. Screen was off, no audio etc. Then 15 minutes or so down the road, it would spring into life. Really strange.

I took it to my local Audi dealer, and they said it was most likely a communication error between the phone module and the main MMI system as it eventually times out, and then starts. Only had the car for 4 days, but was a little frustrating spending the first 15 minutes of my journey to/from work in silence.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just had a call from Audi and i's ready to pick up.... good to know about the reset... may come in handy if i have any problems again....
i just hope there are no future electrical glitches...
i think Audi need to spend a bit more time on ironing out these potential problems before releasing the cars...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.