Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1" lower ok for winter driving?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sizzle 
#1 · (Edited)
My S5 is due to arrive any day now. I have my Milltek exhaust on the way. I am working with my local shop on just the right rims (20x8.5 & 20x10) and now debating lowering.

I have read through the other threads and looked at the other pics and definitely agree with the majority that the 1" lower looks great. However, I live in Canada and will be driving the car in the winter and am a bit concerned about losing that inch of clearance and navigating winter roads...does anyone have any experience or opinions on the matter?

#2 ·
When I lived in Vancouver I had a lowered Lexus Coupe and had no issues with it. A 1 inch lower isn't going to do you any more harm than a stock vehicle in the snow.

I say go for it......

#3 ·
Sizzle- Let me start by saying I love your ride. My set up will be very similar to yours with the only exception being the no rivets (or whatever you call them) on my rims and well the lowering is still up in the air. Your taste and mine is closely aligned. Hats off on the best ride I have seen on this site.

But on to my thread, I lived in Van too and to be fair they don't really get a winter there. I will be between Calgary and Edmonton and the conditions I am thinking about are those residential side streets in the middle of winter that develop big grooves or ice pot hole kinda things because the road crews just can't get everywhere. Maybe the inch won't make that much difference but definitely looking for as many experienced opinions as possible.

Oh and btw I actually have had the shot of your car in front of the brick building as my desktop for the past few days :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.