Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, great site! Ordered my A5 1.8 TFSI (Sline ext/Int) back in early October 07 and was recently being told by my local dealer that the car is delayed and will be delivered as a 2009 model later this summer!!:mad: The dealer is still not able to give me the exact delivery date, however Audi advise they will start producing 2009 models in week 22. When I ordered the car i was promised it would not been delivered later than April 08 rather much earlier!! What a mess! Any others here with the same experience who has received more exact dates for delivery?? I'm now considering cancelling the contract and switch to a BMW 320D Coupe since still not sure how long time I have to wait, but not yet sure what to do..... Also understand that other authorised dealers here in Oslo have already delivered some 1.8 TFSI cars which they ordered in October 07 and even a little later - this makes the situation even more frustrating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

I ordered a 1.8 TFSI in october. Promised delivery end of April. We´ll see...

I was told (when I ordered) that Audi struggle to get enough 1.8 engines. Used in several VW cars with different hp-output.

Kristiansand, BTW.

Good luck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Niki Hang on in there dont go to the Dark Side. The A5 is a much better looking car. Time will soon pass:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hi!

I ordered a 1.8 TFSI in october. Promised delivery end of April. We´ll see...

I was told (when I ordered) that Audi struggle to get enough 1.8 engines. Used in several VW cars with different hp-output.

Kristiansand, BTW.

Good luck!
Please update your profile to reflect your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Niki - I'm due to change my company A6 in September and after reading on here about long deliveries, I contacted the leasing company. Here is their response...............

Steve

Thanks for your email, I don’t forsee any problems for delivery for October I think the current rush has taken care of most of factory production, it you allow 8-10 weeks for the petrol and 10-12 for the diesel this should be adequate.

Dealers are loath to give good discounts at present but by the time we are ready for ordering, I envisage the current discounts to have changed for the better...................

So...(in the UK at least) 3 to 4 months. Oh and by the way. They dropped a demonstrator off at the office yesterday for me to take home overnight. really enjoyed the drive (just got to convince the wife that we can pick up her perents in her own 4 door car!!!)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi

I ordered mine at the end of December and it is at build stage so should be with me before 10th April at latest ....

...so hang on in there - all good things come to those who wiat!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I suspect from some of the stories on here that orders from the UK may be being given precedence. Can't explain why although the UK is a hugely important market for Audi.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi my order for the a5 1.8 was placed at february 13th .it was supposed to be buid at the 13th week but the factory confirmed another date that is 37th week 6 months later.... my dealer told me unofficial that audi has found a problem at the parktronic and at the sterring wheel.i am considering of cancelling my order 9 months delay is too much instead of a 3 months delay.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's terrible news. 9 months is a long wait particularly when you were expecting 3 months :(

When you say "parktronic" do you mean the electronic handbrake or the parking sensors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I mean the parking sensor . my dealer had a package for some extras with a great discount. in this package it was parktronic. this how my dealer called this i dont know if it is the right word. if my dealer had told me from the begging i wouldnot be so mad about the 9month delivery.he said they try to shorten the 9month period to 5 months but i think this is very difficult to happen cause greece is a small market. the problems i mentioned before may be a lie from my dealer in order to find an excuse for the delay

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Gous!
What you wrote is terrible news! I am from T'niki as well and placed my order for an 1.8T some 10 days after yours. At that time I was quoted aprox 3 1/2 months for delievery and thought it was OK time given the normally high demand for the particular engine in Greece. I was also told that in aprox 6 weeks from order the dealer would be in the position to know serial numbers etc since the car would normally enter production line by then. Well, I ve been sleeping well till the time I went through this thread and your post in particular. As it's almost been 6 weeks for me since the date of order I am really starting to get anxious so could you please elaborate more on your experience... which daler did you place your order with? You may also email me any details you wouldnt like to go in public at [email protected]
Thanks very much in advance... looking forward to hearing from you asap and maybe dig the truth together.

Regards
George

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in the UK and ordered on Feb 13th, build date has been confirmed as week 16 so its all going according to plan so far for me. Not sure why the UK seems to be going as planned opposed to other countries??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts