Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used Audi's SS covers for my exhaust - perfect fit made for A%/ A4 B8.

They cost me £30 - I know prices are now closer to £50 but IMO worth it - just finishes the car off better than the uncoated ends as standard.

The rieger rear spoiler, S5 skirts and S5 front grille to follow next week :D

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
The exhaust on the 1.8T really does need something doing about it, I didn't think it was too bad from the pics I'd seen but now I have mine it just has to have something done with it.

ABZY - can you post details? I assume these just slip over the existing exhaust pipes and screw on towards the rear?

·
Registered
4 Posts
exhaust

Hi Mate,

your car is fantastic.

I am on the verge of ordering exactly the same.

Where did you get the exhausts from? also how much were the chrome wing mirrors? it sets of the black really well....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
wow, done good job cleaning her dude, looks too clean soo much light reflecting off it lol! :)

Could you take a rear quater photo to see what the tips look like from a bit further back?

Are you going to be remapping and getting a milltek when one becomes available? think i will just wait untill the milltek comes out depends how long they take and what they look like.

D unit: ABZY is selling the mirrors in the for sale section of the forum, i think he just got a load more. also please add your location,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice work ABZY, id be very interested in doing the same to my exhausts so id also love to know where you got them. Im delighted with my new motor but if i had one gripe it would be the exhaust, it just looks unfinished, like they FORGOT to put something on (like the bluetooth kit i ordered!).
Lovely car by the way!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well boys

The product number for the tail pieces is 8K0 071 761, they really look the part on the car. Put them on yourself, they just push on, i put mine on it literaly takes 10 seconds. Note I will post a side pic when I get a chance but the trim are absolutely perfect fit - even have the angled end/ finish etc.

The come in a single box with 2 tips included - and cost around £50 - money well spent!!!

Goodluck

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Close-up pics of 1.8T exhaust tip trim

Found these posted on a German forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is it possible to buy them through you, as I am not sure they have them here in Sweden yet?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Drool ... where do I order them? As with the comments above, the state of the exhausts is a disgrace. Not bothered in the slightest about them both being on the left (I actually think it's nice for the guys with the bigger engines to have some small visible differentiators like the exhausts and the grill) but the state of the tail pipes on the 1.8 is awful.

I take back everything I said about not understanding why people would be bothered about the appearance of what I previously called "the bumhole of the car". The 1.8 has the equivalent of a prolapse (if you don't know what this means then I suggest you don't Google it!)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are an original Audi Item, go down to your local delare and they will definetly be able to find this part on their parts catalogue for you. It is exactly the same as the exhaust trim for the new Audi A4 (B8).

good luck!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks ABZY.

Amazes me that Audi scrimped on something that costs less than £50 retail (so probably costs them single digits). Has anyone checked that we actually have brake discs on our 1.8s?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Agreed, we better check the engine oil too, they might have watered it down to save a few quid, what with oil prices being the way they are!:eek:

·
Registered
714 Posts
My API (Audi Poundstretcher Interface) says the oil is fine. Didn't say what sort of oil, though. VW503.00, possibly sunflower oil, maybe just plain old lard...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes, a lot of people have installed those in their A4 B8's (same fit in A5 1.8T), the part number indeed is 8K0 071 761 in Finland too and you can buy then from Audi's spart part desk (they even advertise them in the official magazine) - I'm sure you can do that in Sweden too. The price in Finland is 46,20 EUR for the pair.

V6 engine owners needn't bother because their cars already come with similar covers from the factory.

You car ABZY looks really good!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
ABZY, it looks like your trunk (boot) got scratched up and is somewhat faded in the areas where I'm assuming you debadged it. Did you do that or someone else?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im not sure if its dust - but i did debadge it myself your right. I did use a hari dryer to soften the glue on the badges before removing, will wash and post another pic to see if it is as bad as it looks

thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Im not sure if its dust - but i did debadge it myself your right. I did use a hari dryer to soften the glue on the badges before removing, will wash and post another pic to see if it is as bad as it looks

thanks
What product did you use to remove the remaining glue?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the sticky just lifeted off - then normal polish....looked at it this morning and nothing visible at all - so in the pic only (thank god!)
:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts