Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am thinking of going for the 1.8 A5, I am aware this does not come with the xenon plus LED lights as standard. I note there is a "xenon plus" option in the brochure for around £750. Does anyone know, if I opt for the
"xenon plus" option will the car have xenons plus the LED lights i.e as the other models have?

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello, i am thinking of going for the 1.8 A5, I am aware this does not come with the xenon plus LED lights as standard. I note there is a "xenon plus" option in the brochure for around £750. Does anyone know, if I opt for the
"xenon plus" option will the car have xenons plus the LED lights i.e as the other models have?

Thanks
Hi mate - welcome to the forum. Yes, if you select the Xenon Plus option, that includes the LED running lights you see on the other models. (I'm assuming by the £ sign it's a UK spec car you're after :) )

Cheers
Paul.

·
Registered
247 Posts
welcome
i haven't seen an a5 or s5 with out xenons and led's yet... do they even make them with different lights? anyone have pics?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
welcome
i haven't seen an a5 or s5 with out xenons and led's yet... do they even make them with different lights? anyone have pics?
Yes. This pic was posted recently in another thread.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Please no one make the mistake of not specing the xenons if they are getting the 1.8 TFSI. The LEDs just add such a wow factor to the car.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The Xenons are standard on the 1.8 here in Ireland .

Weird, as 19"s and leather aren't even standard on the S5 here :confused:

·
Registered
735 Posts
They sure are :(

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
At the risk of getting a fly in the ointment, aren't those lights on the picture in TXcarguy's post Xenons, but without the LEDs? Looking at the main beam lamps, they look remarkably like most Audi Xenon lights, but I didn't think that would be an option?

Not sure what the UK 1.8T standard spec is, but the A5/S5 brochure I got when ordering my car listed (and showed) some 17" wheels as standard on any non-sport cars, so I would assume they're standard on the 1.8T as I don't think you can get a 1.8T Sport as yet.

I would think the 17" wheels will look really tiny, but I haven't seen any photos of cars with them as yet...

Obviously the spec for different markets may well differ also.

·
Registered
247 Posts
At the risk of getting a fly in the ointment, aren't those lights on the picture in TXcarguy's post Xenons, but without the LEDs? Looking at the main beam lamps, they look remarkably like most Audi Xenon lights, but I didn't think that would be an option?

Not sure what the UK 1.8T standard spec is, but the A5/S5 brochure I got when ordering my car listed (and showed) some 17" wheels as standard on any non-sport cars, so I would assume they're standard on the 1.8T as I don't think you can get a 1.8T Sport as yet.

I would think the 17" wheels will look really tiny, but I haven't seen any photos of cars with them as yet...

Obviously the spec for different markets may well differ also.
Look like xenons to me as well, that's why I was wondering if they made it completely without. Thanks for the pic txcarguy!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Look like xenons to me as well, that's why I was wondering if they made it completely without. Thanks for the pic txcarguy!
You're welcome. I have no idea if those are non-Xenons in that pic, but there are definitely no LEDs! :)

Yeah, 17" wheels on the A5 do look too proportionally small for the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Below is a close-up pic I found of an A5 1.8T headlight that has been confirmed to be without Xenon or LEDs. Admittedly, it does look like it could be a Xenon light, but it's actually not. And I believe it's from the same car in the above pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Prob just projector beam halogens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts