Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the daytime running lights are an optional extra on the new A4. Are they standard on the 1.8 A5 ? Over 80% of A5 sales in Ireland are expected to be the 1.8 litre version, and I'm hoping the DRL's won't become a common sight on the road.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The UK spec manual shows all A5s having DRLs as standard. (page 8 - Jul 07)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi all
There is a more recent version of the brochure available - September 07. This version shows the 1.8 variant as an option (it didn't appear before).

According to page 8 on this version, the DRL's are listed as being on the '6 cylinder models only' - persumably that includes the V8 but the brochure is full of little inconsistencies like that :eek:)

Anyway, a little later, on page 32, the Xenon lights (including DRL's) appear as a cost option - part number PX4 for an extra £775 RRP but again says they are standard on the 6 cylinder model.

So, if this brochure is to be beleived, the 1.8 model won't have DRL's as standard but they can be fitted for a cost. Perhaps even this will change in future as there are some other notable differences between the July and September brochures

Hope that helps

Cheers
Plob

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I checked with my dealer and they confirm, NOT standard on 1.8 models. Its inevitable that LED 'feature' running light will become more common. They make a clear statement like BMW's Angel Eyes. I see Renaults new Laguna (2008) Coupe has LED markers on the front too. Enjoy the exclusivity while you can !!

·
Registered
275 Posts
My Understanding is that the DRL / LED running lights always come with the Xenon light package. THe package is standard with the S5 and possibly the 6 cylinder versions for the UK, other than that, they should be available as an option with the Xenon package on other variants.

Simple as that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts