Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the 1.8 has disappeared from Audi.de

Seems the 2.0 has officially superseded it.
2WD = €37.500
4WD = €39.850
No auto options yet.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah, off from both configurator and pricelist... 1.8 TFSI disappeared earlier from the French pricelist. The 180 PS 2.0 TFSI is just that much better I guess.

I am expecting a 160 PS 1.8 TFSI to make an appearance later, though, on the A5... we'll see!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 180 PS 2.0 TFSI is just that much better I guess.
180PS? Audi.de shows 211PS

I guess it could be region specific remap dependant on local emissions standards?

211PS out of a 4 pot. Crazy.
That puts it 29 horses away from the V6 TDI and with that light 2.0 block probably just as quick!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
why on earth isn't the 2.0 TFSI available with an automatic gearbox? i live in london atm and the main reason im changing my bmw is to get an automatic!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive ordered the 1.8TFSI multitronic last week, but ive put my order on hold now that the 2.0 is out; however I was quite shocked to see its only offered with a manual gearbox...!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
it seems so yea. still a bit weird though.
i'd rather wait for the automatic, but with auto companies they never say when things will be revealed. the just release them when they're ready..

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Audi France site (audi.fr) shows a 211PS 2.0tfsi with multitronic being aviailable to order now but production not starting until November. I assume this means we (UK) will get it about the same time but we're just not being told for some reason.

I'm probably going to put my 2.7tdi order on hold and wait for this because it sounds like an amazing engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts