Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

09 inlays

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  eyesee 
#1 ·
So I finally took delivery of my A5 today:D See my signiture below for the specs. My experience with Fletcher Jones Audi in Chicago has been great. I was even lucky enough to get a hat, mug and all weather mats for the car thrown in. (I must have hit them on a good day...that and there was just a few hours delay on my delivery). Anyway the reason for this post is that while I originally had the standard wooden inlays for the car, I changed to the aluminum once I found out (through this forum) that the aluminum can come without cost for the 09's. I changed my order at that time and was all set. My order sheet also reflected this change. Today, both my dealer and I were surprised to see the wood inlays. The interior trim is aluminum obviously but the inlay is wood. Now again, I am verrrry happy with the car and the wood inlays make the car look pricier. It just isn't as sporty I was hoping for. Still looks pretty sweet though. For me, this was not a deal breaker and took delivery and can't get the smile off of my face. Plus, I didn't want to wait another 7 mos for this small of a detail. I asked the dealer about the other A5 09's that have been delivered and all have come with the wood inlay. So...for those who have yet to take delivery or are still waiting for the car to be built, I just wanted to make you guys aware. The car is amazing though regardless of the color and inlay and well worth it.

#3 ·
I don't have any wood. All aluminum :) Probably because its the Sline which is sooooooooooooooooooooo worth the $
Good point...maybe the aluminum is standard with the S line and not the A5. While I debated getting the S-line, I didn't want the extra hassle and expense of replacing the tires in the winter. I'm sure the S-line is worth every penny though.
For those who have the A5 (non S line) what inlays are in your car? Can this also just be a US deal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.