Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered an 08 A5 it should arrive in november and im just wondering if there is any difference between the 08 an 09 models.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Depends on what spec you ordered. There are new options available to select but the car is much the same. Dipstick is different. SD card slots are now available. NAV DVD will be Aug 07 instead of August 06 now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhhhhh what a relief for a second i thought i was going to have to back out of my order and get an 09 instead thanks a lot

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Your car will likely be an '09. As far as I'm aware, '08 A5/S5s are no longer being produced and only '09 cars are coming out of the factory.

What's the current status on your order? Have you checked with your dealer to find out when factory production starts? Your dealer should have informed you that you will be getting an '09 (and not an '08).

Also, when did you actually order your car?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ordered it last spring around may i dont really remember the exact day and it should arrive in november.

·
Registered
230 Posts
im awaiting my car, was orginally an 08 then they changed the commision number to an 09
my optoins listed on my sheet are
carbon
side assist
b/o
nav sat
and tech package,

what am i missing from the 09

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
what am i missing from the 09
Nothing. You're in good shape. FYI, Side Assist has become part of the Technology package for '09 US models.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sorry to rain on the parade, but from other posts the 'auto' folding mirrors are no longer there for the '09 model versus the '08 model. I really like this feature, it's too bad Audi took this out.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
In the UK, that's definietly still an option. You can get them standalone or with the Comfort Pack. Is that not the case in the US?
Nope... plus, we don't have an option called "Comfort Pack".

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
A number of the UK/Euro options are not present on the US models.

For once, Europe gets the upper hand. We are just used to it being the other way round all the time. ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A number of the UK/Euro options are not present on the US models.

For once, Europe gets the upper hand. We are just used to it being the other way round all the time. ;)
I actually Think europe has the upper hand. I would much rather live there and will live there if Mccain get's elected as president. europe is way more laidback in my opinion:p And you guys get cars earlier since like 90% of good cars are made in europe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.