Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking over the order sheet for the 09 A5, looks like they is a change in the S-Line package. Specifically, its going to have sports seat with perforated alcantara inserts. Also still only available in black. Everything else looks the same

This sucks. Its bad enough that its only in black, but now we get the alcantara inserts, which I'm not a big fan off. Might have to drop the S-Line package...I dislike alcantara that much. Need to go me dealer now and get a better look at it. Anyone else not happy with this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really don't understand the difference in the material...could you give me some more details?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I can see that wearing out faster than the reg leather in the seating surfaces :( I wonder what made them do that? I wish we could have an option if we wanted that or not :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
With the '09, there will be pluses and minuses, and I agree, I also wouldn't like those seats.

Merfolk, do you have the '09 order sheet that you can post? I'm curious to see what other changes will happen...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can see that wearing out faster than the reg leather in the seating surfaces :( I wonder what made them do that? I wish we could have an option if we wanted that or not :(

I wouldn't think alcantara will wear quicker than leather in the short term, it's a synthetic suede material but is very hard wearing. I've never seen it go shiny or look especially worn even after a lot of use.

Put it this way Audi used it on most RS2's which are nearly all minimum 15yrs old now and I've yet to see one that looks scruffy.

It is personal choice though, the advantages it has over full leather are that it's 'grippier' in the corners and doesn't get as hot in the summer, but I guess it doesn't look as plush.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nickell -

YOu are spot on...

I just spoke to Audi (AudiUSA over here) and they stated that Alcantara wears better than leather!

I believe it as I've seen it on other Audi's (your reference) and Porsches.

I would not hesitate to go that route.

Personally, I'm looking to go with an S5 and will most likely go with the Black leather and Pearl Silver Alcantara inserts.

Two tone :)

Regards,

GTL

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my eperience Alcantara is much harder wearing, it doesn't go "baggy" like leather either. Previous ride was a V35 (or G35 if you are stateside) coupe. After 40k miles the Alcantara was as fresh as the day I bought the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
or find someone who has an 08 willing to trade :)
i would be willing to trade my black leather for the leather/alcantara seats
but i should get my car in less than a month
so the 09's wont be out yet

·
Registered
141 Posts
if I couldn't get the reg ol leather in the S-line, I guess I could live with the inserts. Maybe its something I could get use to?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmmm I think I'm happy with my full leather seats, but Alcantara does give it a sporty look... I'm sure pictures will pop out eventually

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone have the order sheet or know what other changes were made for the 2009 model? I'm not real thrilled that the alcantara was now added to the sport seats.

·
Registered
141 Posts
drive select is an option, audi side assist was added to tech package, of course the alcantara inserts for S-Line, and the audi music interface option, where you don't need to get the Nav to hve it. I think that was it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im happy about the Alcantara inserts. I was planning to have the suede put in aftermarket but now all i gotta do is my headliner in alcantara. I jus hope all these added standard feature dont jump the price by a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone have an idea as to the cost of the custom leather interior? Would it be possible to do S-line seats in cinammon?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Honestly, I think that's kind of cool looking. Not saying I would order it, but I think it's much better looking than the straight up alcantara seats.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts