Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a New 09 with tip to replace my T Boned 08 with tip. Don't ask :mad:
Dam good drivers side door T Bone rated :D
It feels quicker than the 08. No delay from stop. Has anyone noticed the same thing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My '09 A5 tip is still a month away so I unfortunately can't answer that. On another note, did your car come with the paddle shifters? I read somewhere that these are an option on the '09, not standard.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My '09 A5 tip is still a month away so I unfortunately can't answer that. On another note, did your car come with the paddle shifters? I read somewhere that these are an option on the '09, not standard.
No paddle shifters. But side assist is now on the Technology package.
And voice control is with Navigation Plus.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Better yet, explain to us how you got 2 S5's already!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
536 Posts
No, a flashing yellow.:eek:
So the other guy ran a flashing red without seeing you?... See, that wasn't to hard to tell us, LOL. I just hope it was in the daytime, or that you had your headlights on and not just your LEDs, so that everyone you pass thinks you are driving some new alien designed car, LOL.

And paddles on the steering wheel are not standard on a US spec '09 auto A5 3.2? Were they standard on the '08 model? If not, are they a stand alone option or part of an optional packedge like the tech pack or lux pack? I think paddles should be standard on all high end brand 2 door autos, IMO.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
And paddles on the steering wheel are not standard on a US spec '09 auto A5 3.2? Were they standard on the '08 model? If not, are they a stand alone option or part of an optional packedge like the tech pack or lux pack? I think paddles should be standard on all high end brand 2 door autos, IMO.
Yes, paddles were standard on the 2008 US spec A5 3.2 Tiptronic. I have them on my car.

For the 2009 US spec A5 3.2 Tiptronic, I read a post where someone stated that the paddle shifters only come with the S-line package. As I have not seen official Audi documentation about it, take that with a grain of salt until someone with a 2009 US spec A5 Tiptronic S-line can confirm.

·
Registered
536 Posts
TX, I just read MotorTrend, which was the new car update edition, and they mentioned the same thing in the "What's New" blurb for the A5/S5, so it's probobly true. Although, earlier in the mag they were talking about how GM made a new factory to produce the N/A 1.4 liter engine for the Chevy Volt, but in the Chevy Volt blurb later in the mag, they listed that the only engine availabe for the Volt is a turbocharge 1.4, LOL. They also said that the 310 hp Infiniti M35 made it to 60 in 6.4 secs, and the heavier M45 with 325 hp did it in 5.4 secs... So I guess mags are not the best reference for truthful information, but I think ur right on this one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the 2009 US spec A5 3.2 Tiptronic, I read a post where someone stated that the paddle shifters only come with the S-line package. As I have not seen official Audi documentation about it, take that with a grain of salt until someone with a 2009 US spec A5 Tiptronic S-line can confirm.
Unfortunately, I can confirm that 2009 non S-line A5s do not come with paddle shifters... At the time of ordering I test-drove an 08 A5 (non S-Line) with the shifters, so I expected to have them on my 09 A5. As per my ABS guy, paddle gearshifters on A5 now come with S-line package only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, paddles were standard on the 2008 US spec A5 3.2 Tiptronic. I have them on my car.

True statement. Just picked up my Monza Silver A5 S-Line. Has the paddle shifters. My dealer told me that the shifters only come on the S-Line. BTW, although the Audi Website says that "automatic folding outside mirrors" are standard, they are not for 09.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.