Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, im after something to "ecourage" the supercharger whine and make the engine generally sound better, ive seen the 034 silicone intake pipe for around 120 quid, is this all i would need for a better sound or do you need to go full induction kit?

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Guys, im after something to "ecourage" the supercharger whine and make the engine generally sound better, ive seen the 034 silicone intake pipe for around 120 quid, is this all i would need for a better sound or do you need to go full induction kit?

Cheers
After doing lots of research on YouTube last night I came to the conclusion that the pipe makes most of the difference, and the complete induction kit isn’t required. Actually, many said the current air box setup is still the best option.

So, I went for it, and ordered one! Less that £100 too: Forge Motorsport Intake Hose for Audi S4 3.0T FMINDS5 | eBay

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a spare Forge hose I could sell as I replaced it with an ECS carbon fibre one. It's red so matches nicely with the coil packs.

If anyone's interested let me know and I'll post some photos (it has a few marks on it).

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a spare Forge hose I could sell as I replaced it with an ECS carbon fibre one. It's red so matches nicely with the coil packs.

If anyone's interested let me know and I'll post some photos (it has a few marks on it).

Sold.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just fitted mine. Can’t say I can hear much difference at all. Yes a slight hint of SC wine, but that disappears immediately under road and engine noise... Do I need to change to a K&N filter too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts